NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Neck's a bit stiff from yesterday, I was in a bar moshing out to Children of Decadence. I couldn't wait an hour so I bluffed the dj and pressed the song on from the screen. There might've been a bit of air guitar and screaming included. Found yet another singer or drummer candidate for my future band too, guy looked like a bag of hay. And again poured rum down the sink this morning. Smelt nice, so it was sad, but alcohol is poison.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESA1996
c3aa3778d8.jpg

danielfreyberg: Video & photo shoot Sunday. #cobhc #cob10

Insta stories:

Yep there's a bit of riff and backbeat. Same slowish speed as IWC album overall, but it sounds a bit dark which is promising, it's like ominous and would be a nice verse. Still haven't heard a new Hatebreeder tho.

Okay so I'm now on the way home. I'm really fuckin tired and drunk. But anyway, I really liked the song. It's a music video song so obviously the catchy short song. I only got to hear it in a (playback) live setting five times so I can't really say a final opinion before I get to hear the single alone when I'm at home. Reminded me of Halo Of Blood and maybe the melody in the beginning a bit of Mask Of Sanity. But the song in general didn't really have that much of an "old school"'vibe. But pretty cool riffs going on in there and the melody was really nice I just am annoyed I forgot it bc I actually liked it a lot and so seemed everyone else, people were stagediving! I could probably write better when I come home from work tomorrow...
I didn't get to hear the song name or lyrics really.

But yeah, overall a very nice experience, got some new friends. Had a lot of fun and I have a feeling that at least I'm going to like the new album.

100 people heard the song five times and there's nothing about it except tragician's post. Times have changed, for the worse.

Yeah I hope the riffing is dark, and the songs faster, cos enough of that slow American chugging.

Radio Rock's FB video (today):
" Children Of Bodom on luvannut vetää No place like home -kiertueellaan jokaisella keikalla eri setin! Reaper arpoi jätkille settilistat ja ensimmäisenä vuorossa oli Jaska! "

So... it seems this isn't a music video either. :/

Edit: Another video ( Sept. 7. ):

Last edited:
It's about the upcoming finland tour. They said each night is going to have a different setlist. So each bandmember nakes two setlists. According to the video Jaska has chosen that they'll play Suicide Bomber on the nights he is responsible of. So the reaper talks about that to them and gives them numbers that decide which night each guy.

And about the song. I did say I didn't remember it at night. I was so overwhelmed by all the cool stuff that happened. But today at work I remembered the melody again. I was expecting it to be a little bit more gloomy, yes, it wasn't very dark. (In the way I don't think Hate Me for example isn't a very dark song in my opinion) I have to say that kinda understand now what Alexi meant by "rock n roll". But that doesn't mean it isn't heavy. I can't fuckin explain it, please don't let my words change your expectations.
Now I'm annoyed I can't listen to it more :D Because it is good but how do I explain a song to someone who can't hear it?

And "the only thing" is the post by me? I'm pretty sure people don't wanna spoil the song, also these times I think the most COB fans on the internet are on Facebook or Instagram instead of this forum. I'm pretty sure that in some facebook group the conversation is going on well.

Also people whining about COB not caring about adverstising themselves enough; there was a reaper themed cool as fuck video about the finland tour? Then this seems to be a video series of short clips, they posted little bits to instagram to build up the excitement. I think that's pretty cool.
I mean I remember the time when I had to wait ages for info in some music magazine that someone maybe scans here or do I have to buy it :D

Last edited:
Give it a try when it comes out.

Oh and some dude asked them about when it will be coming out before they started playing and Alexi said they don't know for sure yet.
But from earlier experience I'd guess it could come out in 1-3 months? Would be a good idea to get it out after the tour when people are excited talking about the shows?

Last edited:
I was thinking that it would be after the shows anyway. No band would release a new song during a tour, and it's too early now for it. so yeah, we'll probably get it by the end of the year.

Your comments actually build up my expectation. It makes me curious. Of course, I would have prefered if you said that it's something really dark and eerie, which would have fitted for a release in winter, but I'm still extremely looking forward to it :D

Reactions: tragician
It's about the upcoming finland tour. They said each night is going to have a different setlist. So each bandmember nakes two setlists. According to the video Jaska has chosen that they'll play Suicide Bomber on the nights he is responsible of. So the reaper talks about that to them and gives them numbers that decide which night each guy.

And about the song. I did say I didn't remember it at night. I was so overwhelmed by all the cool stuff that happened. But today at work I remembered the melody again. I was expecting it to be a little bit more gloomy, yes, it wasn't very dark. (In the way I don't think Hate Me for example isn't a very dark song in my opinion) I have to say that kinda understand now what Alexi meant by "rock n roll". But that doesn't mean it isn't heavy. I can't fuckin explain it, please don't let my words change your expectations.
Now I'm annoyed I can't listen to it more :D Because it is good but how do I explain a song to someone who can't hear it?

And "the only thing" is the post by me? I'm pretty sure people don't wanna spoil the song, also these times I think the most COB fans on the internet are on Facebook or Instagram instead of this forum. I'm pretty sure that in some facebook group the conversation is going on well.

Also people whining about COB not caring about adverstising themselves enough; there was a reaper themed cool as fuck video about the finland tour? Then this seems to be a video series of short clips, they posted little bits to instagram to build up the excitement. I think that's pretty cool.
I mean I remember the time when I had to wait ages for info in some music magazine that someone maybe scans here or do I have to buy it :D
Awesome, I hope they take it as an opportunity to play some of the newer songs that rarely, or never, get played live (suicide bomber, almost all of halo of blood...). Any cool guitar/keyboard parts? (Unison melodies, interesting leads, neoclassical stuff)?

I'd love it if they played songs from Blooddrunk on the tour. I'm going to 5 shows so the chances of getting to hear some of those is pretty high. Henkka did say earlier that this is an opportunity to get some rare tracks in there and they have been practicing more songs than the usual live hits.

I can literally only remember clearly the main melody but I was talking with a friend who was there too and she said she loved the guitar solo :D This is so frustrating, I have a very good memory and can remember long interviews from years ago and stuff, but I was too excited, there was so much shit going on that day I guess. It's like the first time I met Alexi a few years back; One of the coolest moments of my life but I can't remember most of it bc I was so emotional :D