NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

^It's just weird how even the band doesn't know why the album release is delayed by half a frigging year, and no-one even bothers to share what the new song was like. You can make of that what you will.

46785159_10156179544218737_2779627856727113728_n.jpg

Today we officially unveil the artwork and track list from our upcoming album "Hexed" which will be available on March 8th via Nuclear Blast Records.

1. The Road
2. Under Grass and Clover
3. Glass Houses
4. Hecate’s Nightmare
5. Kick in the Spleen
6. Platitudes and Barren Words
7. Hexed
8. Relapse (The Nature of My Crime)
9. Say Never Look Back
10. Soon Departed
11. Knuckleduster
12. I Worship Chaos (live)
13. Morrigan (live)
14. Knuckleduster (remix)

Keep your eyes & ears open... pre-orders start next Friday.

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING !!!! AND KNUCKLEDUSTER AS EXPECTED !!!!!!!!!

Ok, calmed down a bit. Few realisations:
- No Bodom song this time either.
- Absolutely love the title of the tracks. I cannot explain why. I think all the previous song titles were really childish, but those sound a lot more 'mature' to me.
- The artwork is absolutely insane. Love the vibe it gives.
- Knuckleduster (Remix) will be on the album as we expected.
- Release date: 8th March 2019.
- Pre-orders start on: Friday, 7th December 2018.

Reactions: grenade007
The release date is exactly 7 years after RRF was released (8th of March 2011).

Don't like the artwork to be honest. It's really different in style to their old album covers. The reaper looks like a grumpy alien. It's nice that it's finally purple though.

The song titles sound strange to me. Somehow different to anything they've done before. Kick in the Spleen sounds funny :D Shame there's no Bodom song.

Why is Knuckleduster there twice? Is track 11 the original version and 14 the remix, or is 11 a re-recording or something?

Reactions: NewHewkas
Would rather have covers to be honest. I haven't like the ones of the last few album (Except Black Winter Day), but it's still better than mere 'live songs'

Well, that's unexpected. Rerelease of knuckleduster is nice, but by having the regular version (re-recorderd or not) on there as well does mean I'll compare all the others songs to it.
Also, I doubt that artwork will match the sound which they claimed is more simple. But hey, new album. I'm hyped.

" After their latest album update, the Finns Children Of Bodom have today announced their brand new album. To follow I Worship Chaos, they took their time with the new album, their tenth album, which will be called Hexed. It will drop on March 8th, 2019 via Nuclear Blast Records. Feast your eyes on the cover below as well as other details.

COB frontman, guitarist, and mastermind Alexi Laiho comments: "People have said that the album is generally catchier. So I started thinking about that, perhaps the song structures are easier to grasp on initial listen. But there's some crazy shit in there, almost progressive or at least technical. There are certain melodies across the album that could have come from jazz songs, although they're completely metal with us, of course (laughs)."

"For me, it has always been very hard to describe our new music," comments bassist Henkka Blacksmith. "In a way it always feels familiar, but the new stuff also always surprises me. Here we have something that's very Bodom, but somehow we haven't done this kind of stuff maybe ever. Then again, someone said that there's somehow similar vibe to what Follow The Reaper had. I don't know. Anyway, we had a really hard time choosing the songs for the two videos, I guess that's a positive problem."

Hexed saw the return to Finland's Danger Johnny Studios where they were reunited with Mikko Karmila (I Worship Chaos, Halo Of Blood, Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll) who recorded everything except keyboards and also produced the album with the band. Janne Wirman recorded keyboards at Beyond Abilities Studios. The album was mixed and mastered at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland.

For this album, the band enlisted Denis Forkas to create the album artwork. Bassist Henkka Blacksmith commented on the cover: "For some years already I have wanted to try a different approach with our cover art. We are so used to digital art so that is really hard to do something else. Doing it all the way with computer is somewhat safe and convenient. This time we all agreed to try it old school. We found this cool dude and gave him simple instructions. The cover has to be purple and the reaper has to be central. Half a year later we got his work, and with little tweaking, we have the cover of Hexed. It is very different from what we are used to, even the Reaper looks different, but at the same time very spooky. " "

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34745

WAIT!! TWO MUSIC VIDEOS ?! :D WOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee !!!

Also, when Laiho says there is something 'progressive' to it, that's exactly what came to my mind looking at the songs' title. But I have to admit 'catchy' is kind of the opposite of progressive or black metal, it's more 'pop'-like.

WAIT!! TWO MUSIC VIDEOS ?! :D WOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee !!!

Also, when Laiho says there is something 'progressive' to it, that's exactly what came to my mind looking at the songs' title. But I have to admit 'catchy' is kind of the opposite of progressive or black metal, it's more 'pop'-like.

Yes, it seems... :)

Exciting news! Some of my thoughts:

- Album art is not at all what I expected. Not to say it's bad or anything, I think it will grow on me. It's different though that's for sure.
- Album title is so-so. Strange to see a one syllable album title from CoB.
- No Bodom song? Kinda disappointed with that one. Although Relapse (Nature of My Crime) sounds like it could possibly be about the Lake Bodom killer, not sure.
- All of you guys called Knuckleduster and sure enough here it is....although there's both versions by the looks of it, why not just have the remix? Regardless looking forward to hearing what they did to spice it up, the song was already a good one to begin with.
- These song titles are insane. I thought the same when I Worship Chaos was announced but these titles are out there. Hecate's Nightmare sounds pretty badass.
- Kinda wish we had cover tracks instead of live tracks.
- My guess is that the two music videos will be the title track and Glass Houses. Just a guess.

Looking forward to the first single release! :)

I don't think they would keep the original Knuckleduster. I think we'll get a new version of it PLUS a remix (meaning with different song structure/overall vision for the song).

Nice to see the forum wake up from hibernation. It's been a long time since anything truly interesting has happened here. Seems that's about to change. For some reason I'm really hyped for the new album at the moment. I don't remember feeling like this before either HOB or IWC.

Reactions: COB-666