NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

This Facebook chat was a joke... Only answering question like 'Coming to Argentina?' 'Say hi to Brazil' 'Henkka, do you miss your hair?'....
Those people must be completely braindead...

Reactions: COB-666
Drums and guitars sound mildly better on the official video. Still enjoying the guitar bit during the...chorus is it? Can't tell. The group screams are more noticeable as well, I didn't even notice them yesterday. Glad that Daniel gets to play some solos that means that Alexi can't butcher them live. But this solo is so unremarkable and forgettable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESA1996
This Facebook chat was a joke... Only answering question like 'Coming to Argentina?' 'Say hi to Brazil' 'Henkka, do you miss your hair?'....
Those people must be completely braindead...

Not surprised. Sounds like people who comment on youtube. Just crap. If someone has access to COB there should a Q&A with folks from this forum.

Great intro, and as a whole I like it. The distorted vocals are a bit of a letdown.
Probably the best since HoB, maybe even since AYDY?
I was quite neutral before but now I'm getting hyped.

Nuclear Blast's description of the album:

»Hexed« is a high-energy, up-tempo record seething with new life but also all of the Children of Bodom trademarks that millions of fans around the world have grown to appreciate. Their mix of melo-death meets blackened thrash with a neo-classical twist, and piercing Derek Sherinian-intense keyboards peppered with Alexi’s venomous vocal bile, is what makes a Bodom spread so engaging. And it also explains why the Hate Crew continues to wow crowds across the globe, their reputation continues to grow as a fearsome live act with incredible technical proficiency. Stronger than ever and evidently thrilled to be in such great health, »Hexed« is beckoning Children of Bodom into a new era of world domination.

Don't they even know the name of the keyboardist...?

The intro/chorus riff is ok, could have been better with a more sinister twist. Solo is literally alexi solo no.32523. vocals are meh. Best thing about this song is the bridge/interlude part.

Just watched the Facebook chat stream, kinda disappointing questions. I would have asked if movie quotes were going to be featured in the tracks again.

Honestly, I'm disappointed.
Just a bunch of recycled riffs (seriously, way too much. A little riff as easter egg is fine. This is more than half the song it feels like. And strangely enough I don't see anyone talking about this anywhere) connected with some lackluster rhythm guitars and bad vocal effects.

Solo was decent but nothing to get blown away by.

Maybe this is the worst song on the album. Maybe I'll get used to it, but for right now it sits amongst the worst songs ever of them for me.

Still cautiously optimistic about the album though, because in the end I always tend to like all their songs more over time.

I wasn't going to write anything, but then right after this song spotify played me Are You Dead Yet.
I know AYDY is not their best album, but man the song itself shits on this new one.

It is not terrible, but kind of meh. Maybe it will grow on me, possibly could be nice to listen to while driving.

Shame about the vocals.

Iit's not as bad as I feared. I don't think anyone was even waiting for another Hatebreeder. It'll be another album at the level of HoB. I just hope some of the songs will sound evil. They always have ones that sound evil and ones with party feel. Overall it sounds like a fusion of Local Band, Halo of Blood and Hate Crew Deathroll. There really is an 80's feel in the sounds. Energetic, fast and short. Not the level of their best stuff, but better than their worst. I think it'll sound nice live, could be nice to jam along to, and it could work to give energy when you're running up stairs, but it's not stunning and I can't smell blood. 3,2 / 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny_victor
Well its been 3 years since last post (from IWC release days) but i have to comment about new song :
- Sounds like something in between HCDR and AYDY albums
- All twisted riffing style, Needled energy, a happy version of Downfall
- Guitar solo sounds like Next in line's
- the whole songs sounds like a chorus except the presolo and verse parts
- sounds like a generic anime opening song.
- sounds like a bonus track/ filler track

Can it be in top 5 HCDR ? no. AYDY? no. and HOB? may be IWC? Yes.
will it be the best song on hexed? i hope no.

Finally the song is 7/10 overall.

It's got the same amount of musical information as IWC songs (less than they had before) but made faster and thus more energetic, as I wished. But I hope for more darkness.

Chorus reminds me of some part in Sioux City Sarsaparilla actually. I agree, solo sounds like Next In Line. Not a huge fan of the song but it's definitely better IWC.

Lyrics:

"Under Grass And Clover"

Flashback from the night before
Was it the other day, I couldn't say
It's all coming in pieces
But before you know they just fade away
Goddamn! What did I hear, what'd I do?
Where did I go and how'd I get here?
I know... I'm too far gone
A deadbeat, a travesty
So what's my next strategy?

Fuck me, there's blood on my hands
That's nothing new but now they're shaking too
Everything's soaked in sweat
Here comes the "forgive and forget"
Who should I forgive? Forget that plan
I really don't give a damn
Just need my fix, I'm dying
So break out the bottle and stop crying

And the calm washes over
My soul drying my tears
Under the grass and clover
A new sense of hope appears

Choking - breathing exhaust
Hard to keep an even keel
Shot - boiling mercury
It burns so bad yet I can't feel

Choking - breathing exhaust
Hard to keep an even keel
Sweating - boiling mercury
It burns so bad yet I can't feel

Walking - in a mine field
Hard to keep my eyes peeled
Shot - to hell and fried
No heaven, evermore denied

And the calm washes over
My soul drying my tears
Under the grass and clover
A new sense of hope appears

( https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/childrenofbodom/undergrassandclover.html )

Been listening to it randomly about 7 times now- it has a element of their older stuff but just seems like a mash up- Alexi's solos used to be the build up then he'd rip out something awesome but lately it's just lazy finger tapping (which Luke Hoskin, Tobin Abasi, Michael Romero can do WAY better whilst still making it melodic)- back in the day used 2 b a mini song within a song if that makes sense. He pretty much used the Next In Line Solo at the start of it -_- I still actually like it though haha

" Frontman, guitarist, and mastermind Alexi Laiho comments: "'Under Grass and Clover' is the sound of COB on fire and has been my favorite song since it was written. It's fast, melodic, heavy and dark but also short and sweet. Someone told me that it's kinda like old school Dimmu Borgir and AWK and that's pretty damn cool in my books so we must've done something right." "

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34810