New Album Recording!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's not good, I'm going to murder a puppy...

PLEASE stop about the return to doom and growling.
I'm willing to take major bashing if I'm wrong, but it's damn annoying when you don't respect the ongoing progression of this band.
It's like some The Mars Volta fans want them to play At The Drive-In songs...
As Omar told in an interview when he was asked if they will play ATDI songs, it's like taking your first girlfriend out on a date again, while you broke up ages ago.
Usually it's an embarrassing period you've grown over and want to leave behind.
There is only more and more evidence about Katatonia stepping further and further away from their Doom period, so I personally find it insulting that you have secret wishes about them throwing all this progression out the window and pretend they haven't learned a damn thing over the years.

quoted for truth my friend.

Woke up today hung over as hell and saw the blog posting on myspace i was very happy

Good fucking news, nice to finally have something more concrete from them and now we know whats happening. I'm sure it'll be fucking great, but it won't be released until after they play the UK :( still, maybe they'll debut a couple of new tracks, looking forward to this a lot more now more info has been revealed, plus being mildly stoned makes this news better than it already was, time to JAM to some Katatonia

PLEASE stop about the return to doom and growling.
I'm willing to take major bashing if I'm wrong, but it's damn annoying when you don't respect the ongoing progression of this band.
It's like some The Mars Volta fans want them to play At The Drive-In songs...
As Omar told in an interview when he was asked if they will play ATDI songs, it's like taking your first girlfriend out on a date again, while you broke up ages ago.
Usually it's an embarrassing period you've grown over and want to leave behind.
There is only more and more evidence about Katatonia stepping further and further away from their Doom period, so I personally find it insulting that you have secret wishes about them throwing all this progression out the window and pretend they haven't learned a damn thing over the years.
I gotta say they'd progress towards awesomeness IMO.:headbang:

Damn yes!!! I can't wait for the first teaser - hard 4 months till autumn and the album!!!

Thanks guy, for this news!!!

So Katatonia is not dead, right?
Just kidding

Been a while we heard from them, almost forgot them.

WOOOOOOOW! :OMG: I was really shocked with these news, I was expecting them to post something like "still lacking inspiration, back in 2011 kk?". Great news, made my day! :headbang:

Yeah, this was about the best we could have hoped for. I really didn't think we'd get a new album this year - but then we did. And in october at that. Not bad at all!