New Album Recording!!!

I concur, imo keep the vocals clean too, there are enough bands using harsh vocals, Jonas clean voice is too perfect not to use it at all times.

Yeah + the mere thought of them becoming a harsh/clean verse/chorus band makes me wanna tie myself to the closest tree :lol: I just want some good old åsome songwriting Katatonia with slight progression that doesn't suck ;)

Great news.

"We got a few big surprises to reveal and we're confident this material is our most varied, diverse and possibly strongest shit all together on one and the same album."

Hmm i got a theory.. we'll see..

For me also, the growls are not needed or really wanted. I wouldn't be upset if they used a few growls, that's fine, but Jonas has that incredibly soothing clean voice that for me is way better than any growling.

The perfect Katatonia CD, IMO, would be a combo of TGCD with Viva Emptiness mixed with some songs like Unfurl. That right there would be absolute godlike!:worship:

For me also, the growls are not needed or really wanted. I wouldn't be upset if they used a few growls, that's fine, but Jonas has that incredibly soothing clean voice that for me is way better than any growling.

The perfect Katatonia CD, IMO, would be a combo of TGCD with Viva Emptiness mixed with some songs like Unfurl. That right there would be absolute godlike!:worship:

Agree completely...of course I would like to add one last spice. One or two songs in the vein of DO.

Naturally theres some talk here about the new album sounding like this and that album in their discography, but obviously we might get something quite new instead of a mix of earlier releases.

They have renewed themselves more than once. BMD was very different than DODS - LFDGD was a big step foward from TD - and VE was something new as well. Maybe we'll have a new big leap in style this time.

Naturally theres some talk here about the new album sounding like this and that album in their discography, but obviously we might get something quite new instead of a mix of earlier releases.

They have renewed themselves more than once. BMD was very different than DODS - LFDGD was a big step foward from TD - and VE was something new as well. Maybe we'll have a new big leap in style this time.

Word..