New Album Recording!!!

I think if i were him I'd be itching to be doing growls again, which has been proven with his Ayreon contributions.
All it proves is that he was willing to do what Arjen asked of him. It doesn't have to have anything to do with Katatonia or some growling-itch.

I think the changes they will be making is trying to (and it's about fucking time) go to the EMO/CORE scene. I mean, COME ON. the REAL dark music today comes from bands like bullet for my valentine, alesana, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, and COUNTLESS others. Katatonia has CONSISTENTLY avoiding the TRUE cascades of melancholy by making their music in some random other esoteric bullshit scene. Jonas just needs to do some core screaming, higher pitched, more whiney. Anders had to make his guitar licks more contemporary and catchy with less of that darker droney sound and more of the fast "core"-esk feel. Lyrics should be different too... more about girls, and how no one understands them.
KATATONIA PLEASE! MAKE SOMETHING MEDIA FRIENDLY AND MORE TOWARDS A REAL SCENE

I think the changes they will be making is trying to (and it's about fucking time) go to the EMO/CORE scene. I mean, COME ON. the REAL dark music today comes from bands like bullet for my valentine, alesana, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, and COUNTLESS others. Katatonia has CONSISTENTLY avoiding the TRUE cascades of melancholy by making their music in some random other esoteric bullshit scene. Jonas just needs to do some core screaming, higher pitched, more whiney. Anders had to make his guitar licks more contemporary and catchy with less of that darker droney sound and more of the fast "core"-esk feel. Lyrics should be different too... more about girls, and how no one understands them.

:lol:

:worship: about time somebody spoke up!

I am very excited for the new Katatonia album, i think a little growling might be cool but i am afraid it may sound forced but we will see. I see Katatonia being a top 5 album of 09 for me. Great band

A great year this will be!

3 of some of my favorite bands all releasing between this summer and late fall.

Katatonia
Dredg
Dream Theater

Now if I could only have an Aqua reunion all would be perfect!!!!!:kickass:

Well, The Great Cold Distance is the best album they have yet made in my opinion. It was almost progressive, and showed a great amount of maturity over their past releases. Steven Wilson is producing this album? If so then this will for sure be there best... I'm already predicting it to be the best because they keep progressing with each new release.

New Dream Theater is total shit, I haven't even managed to get through 2 songs. I love the new Dredg though. I can't wait for the fall for new Porcupine Tree and Katatonia, also looking forward to new Disarmonia Mundi. 2009 is going to be a great year for music.

Getting new Suffo as we speak. That will probably make or break 2009 since Blood Red Throne wasn't quite what I expected. New Kata has me interested though. What will they do next? :p

The new Suffocation is good... but it doesn't catch me like the other albums do.