New Album Recording!!!

I hope it's something totally unexpected, and fresh. After the reasons the band gave for the long wait I would expect nothing less.

No growls hopefully.

Good news!

The reason they have waited so long is because Jonas has been practising teh growls, there will be loads and loads of them. Mikko Kotamäki from StS will be returning the favour to Jonas and do some guest-vocals, along with Micke Å of course.
This will be awesome yeeaaaaah! :kickass:
:Smug:

Are you sure you aren't mistaking for the one interview where he says that they have no idea what their direction is going to be, and he says as a joke that it might be fully electronic or it might have violins or whatever. I have just seen many people referring to that interview incorrectly, but it also might be that there is an interview where he talks about the strings seriously.

yea im pretty sure I meant that.

I hope the big surprises are guests!! It would be nice to hear a track with a female singer. Though it would be hard to find one that suits the music, the only person I can think of would be Bilinda Butcher from My Bloody Valentine.

Agnete Kirkevaag from Madder Mortem would be perfect. i think she's the best female vocalist in metal nowadays...

Great news! I'm very looking forward to their new songs, I wonder what these "big surprises" are... we just have to wait and see/hear.

I'm kind of nervous about this new album. The last 2 albums that I've really counted down the days for have been really disappointing to me for some reason. The fathomless mastery by bloodbath took some getting used to, albeit i think i like it now, and the high end of low by marilyn manson only has 2-3 songs on it that I like. Considering I'm one of those people that has 40+ katatonia songs on my ipod, I'm nervous that I wont like this album and it'll be all hype.

To bring back the topic of death growls on the new album, I think it is very well possible that it could happen in a song or two. Like 1/4 chance IMO. Jonas has been doing clean vocals with katatonia since 1998 which is plenty of time for some physical recovery. I think if i were him I'd be itching to be doing growls again, which has been proven with his Ayreon contributions.

(i made an account just for this post hehe)