New album update

It's a masterpiece I can't stop playing it,flows very well and it's so infectious, one of the only anthrax albums that's hit me like a hammer straight off the bat,monster!!!!!!

Apologies I'm not very good at downloading leaked or dodgy stuff. Is it available to stream anywhere? Needless to say I will be getting a copy 1st day in Feb when it's released the same as I have with every album since SOWN. Apart from Alive. I was still pretty sore about the reunion at that point lol

The fact that it leaked from Nuclear Blast through Spotify is really going to get Scott's balls. The dude has been knocking streaming for a long time and now it's fucked his entire new album release up. Holy hell.

Turns out that "Impaled" and "You Gotta Believe" are the same song.

Definitely a killer tune to open the new record.

Agreed. Grabbed me a the 1st listen.Just got to the 2nd song,,LOVE the big vocals and leads...Early but so far sounds like a big step up from WM.

Yeah. While I'm stoked as hell about the record I'm a bit bummed for the band that's it's leaked so early. I'll be a first-day buyer of multiple formats so I'll be doing right by the band, but others wont!

Anyway - the record is fucking fantastic. On my 4th spin and loving it more and more each time. Anonymous is spot on that it doesn't give away in the second half (although I love WM start to finish). It's just riff after riff-tastic.

There's definitely more thrash, but also more melody and more epic songs and parts. Production is awesome too.

Donais's solos are magnificent, and Joey is again the star of the show. Bello's bass cuts through beautifully. Just wow.

My highlights on a few listens are You Gotta Believe, Monster at the End, Suzerain, Breathing Lightning, Zero Tolerance (thrash!!!!!)........ fuck - all of them!!!!!

The melodies / harmonies are MUCH better with Joey / Frank / Scott collaborating. Catchy / stronger riffs. Leads are SWEET as fuck,,,Don't get me wrong, WM was great but THIS is the album I was waiting on Anthrax to make.

Last edited:
Don't see any difference if the album leaks a week prior to the official release, as all albums do, or two months prior to it. If anything it's helping the hype.

Yeah, knowing everyone who posts on here will buy the record ( and surely some multiple times) it didn't bother me posting about the record leaking on here.

Hopefully Johnnie is right and it helps increase hype. But 2 months is a long time for the very casual average metal fan to keep excited about a record these days.

Monster At The End is fucking epic!
I'd probably like more of these songs if they weren't so epic. It seems like some of them could've been trimmed down, but that's probably just me. I like short songs.

TImmy: Yeah, the whole record. The thing with WM is that it was much more diverse.
I'd say that upon first listen, I can see where someone would say that, but if anything this one seems even more diverse to me. Whereas WM was very obviously different from song to song, FAK's diversity seems to be spread more evenly within each song. Instead of banking wholeheartedly on making each song a stylistic departure from the last, the new material has more unexpected detours than WM did. That sort of approach can tend to make an album seem more evenhanded even though there's probably more going on. ....or maybe that's just me.

Zero Tolerance is my favorite from the new one.