New Amorphis album

D. Goria put out #4.
It contains explicit, violent and sexual contents. :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Song excerpts sound great. I'm getting really excited. Shades of Grey sounds awesome, it'll be a killer album opener. Tomi's vocals are sick.
Also, at about 2:57 there is a certain sound which I am more than glad to hear on the new album.

I've just now seen the artwork for the vinyl version of Circle.

1000x1000.jpg

I'm not sure how to make this image smaller.
Anyway, I like it. The purple tone is a bit off, but it could just be because the picture is not of best quality, and the whole tone is brown, as CD version is (and Hopeless Days too).

I like it. This time I don't mind the jaws at all.

Song excerpts sound great. I'm getting really excited. Shades of Grey sounds awesome, it'll be a killer album opener. Also, at about 2:57 there is a certain sound which I am more than glad to hear on the new album.

Hear you. This kind of teasers are a bit bland imo, but it is nice to try to trap some new sounds there. And those sounds really please me.

This time I don't mind the jaws at all.

This time the jaws are set with better taste.

I really liked those song excerpts. More promising stuff! And the vinyl cover is really beautiful, too, I think I like it even better than the CD cover. Then again I have a thing also for feathers and birds... :D

All of the vocals in that video clip are some ear candy indeed, really happy with them :)

And yeah, I saw the t-shirt design the other day, it's pretty classy.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

I am getting an audience with the High Power that has the New Album. If I am lucky enough, I will get to hear it and will keep you duly informed.

I went to see a friend today and he kindly played snippets from all the new songs. I couldn't see the titles and only heard bits from the songs (such were the circumstances). Though one usually needs more than on listen to appreciate an Amorphis album, here are some first impressions.
I am delighted. The opening of the album with Shades of Grey is like a kick in the teeth and reminds me of the opening of Silent Waters :D
It sounds like, the album is quite varied - there is another very radio friendly song, which would probably be the second radio single (if there is going to be one) and there is some pretty heavy stuff as well. I couldn't hear any Nightwish, but heard quite bit of Hypocrisy instead :kickass:
There are several songs with quite tangible folk elements - one sounds quite like Irish and the other has the irregular meter typical of the Bulgarian folk music.
I was most impressed by one that started off with a piano and a flute and then erupted into pure death metal. Very, very nice! :kickass::kickass::kickass:
All in all I'd say it is a varied album and is clearly a move away from the previous four. It is your typical Amorphis, but with more teeth and indeed less delays. :D

I was most impressed by one that started off with a piano and a flute and then erupted into pure death metal. Very, very nice! :kickass::kickass::kickass:
Can you recall hearing any more of Nightbird's Song?

Arise
The silent warriors, arise!
Arise
From the black soil
Arise
The nightbird's song and scream

At least one chorus seems to have a flute section right after it, though I'd be surprised if the video track was really brutal :p

The only album this band put out I wasn't 100% fond of, is Far from the Sun. I'm so looking forward to this album, maybe moreso than the new Hypocrisy!

Damn we really need some official mp3 samples already.. I'm getting overly hyped :hotjump:

Damn, do I love Shades of Gray. Even live Tomi didn't sing it THAT brutally. Xptrinity, buy Mr Varbanov a beer for me. DJ of DJs. Why don't we have that caliber on Finnish radio anymore?

Damn, do I love Shades of Gray. Even live Tomi didn't sing it THAT brutally. Xptrinity, buy Mr Varbanov a beer for me. DJ of DJs. Why don't we have that caliber on Finnish radio anymore?

Okay twisted my arm, now where did you hear that song?! (other than live) :yow: