New Batman Movie

Pyro_Fish

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2008
Heath Ledger didn't die untill after he finished filming all his scenes in the new Batman movie
Heath Ledger played The Joker, the movie will hit theaters this summer

Nicholson was good for the role at the time. The perennial shame being that Burton makes pretty bad movies. Distinct in their own special way, but not particularly good.

This looks like a better executed affair altogether. I be healthy excited.

As a total nerd, I just don't like that Nicholson's joker was just...Jack Nicholson with face paint. The Joker of Batman was generally much more dark and twisted, which is what it looks like Heath went for. Can't wait.

I personally love Tim Burton. Can you honestly say that Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, Ed Wood, and Nightmare Before Christmas were no good?

I like Big Fish, but more for content than direction. Sleepy Hollow is not too bad but I can easily dispense with the rest. Ed Wood, Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes are all quite terrible. I think he desires this quirky ethos that feels quite cheap, as far as I'm concerned.

I've watched him in interviews and he never says what I want to hear. The substance he cares about is not the same as what I care for, that's as clearly as I can put it.

As a total nerd, I just don't like that Nicholson's joker was just...Jack Nicholson with face paint. The Joker of Batman was generally much more dark and twisted, which is what it looks like Heath went for. Can't wait.

I personally love Tim Burton. Can you honestly say that Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, Ed Wood, and Nightmare Before Christmas were no good?

as a total Batman fan, (i actually have a Batsymbol tatooed on my arm) i totally agree with you, jack nicholson's joker was crap, i, personnally, would have casted Crispin Glover as The Joker, not merely because of the characters he's played before, but because Crispin Glover's got the best face for it, jack nicholson's portrayal of joker was totally ruined (for me) largely just cuz the face didn't look right

Man, this movie is going to be so good. Batman Begins was great and it seems so far Ledger has made joker to be pretty dark, which is just what I want out of Batman. Freaking dark.