The Dark Knight

I've seen it twice now, Heath Ledger's performance is definitely the most impressive part of the film. You forget it's him somehow...

You completely don't regard the joker as Heath Ledger, which i THINK in the long run, could be a good thing..... i might get shit for this...

I have never been a massive fan of Ledger, i won't claim to be just because he's gone, i've only ever seen him in 10 things i hate about you, brokeback mountain and a knights tale, and hes a good actor.... but as the joker he brought something to it that made it completely THE JOKER, no heath ledger at all, just THE JOKER, which was amazing to watch, i fucking loved the dark knight, but i think there was so much JOKER that i think if they decided to bring back the joker in a sequel, he could be played equally as well by a similar looking actor doing a perfect impression of ledgers performance, i really think that. you may not agree.

anyway, the dark knight blew me away, these days i'm not getting excited by many films, as films don't dare to be bold enough to stand apart from everything else, but the dark knight did, it had images on the screen that dropped my jaw: The batpod coming out of the batmobile, the batpod flying out of the alleyway with the wheel on fire going sideways then stopping - the sound it makes is too cool, the entire truck/armoured car/batmobile chase was amazing, the joker dressed as a nurse was hilarious, two face's all too fast instant nutcase was a bit hard to believe but done well enough, the makeup effects on his face were frighteningly good for a 12's! films don't push boundaries enough, well, except for the coen brothers films as they more often than not require thought and i like that.... but the dark knight brought up some really interesting themes that are pretty relevant to todays society, and some interesting psychological views as well, which is pretty interesting to read up about.... about masks/good & bad/heroes blah blah....

but the batpod. in batman begins when i first saw the batmobile i cringed, but looking at the original batman with keaton i much prefer the new batmobile! but the batpod rules all. apart from the going up the wall and turning around, bit cheesy. but still WIN.

unfortunately i have kind of spoiled this film for myself a bit...

i can't watch maggie gyllenhall as rachel dawes seriously anymore as i decided to watch a film called the secretary. Anyone else who has seen this film will understand, but basically theres a bit where shes bent over a desk and james spader spunks on her back.

now whenever rachel dawes appears in the dark knight i can only think her shirt has stains all up the back of it.

oh and aaron eckhart compleeeeeetely owns EVERYONE in the dark knight, including ledger, especially bale. it's all about harvey dent.

I was thinking to watch The Secretary the other night but it was on a bit late for me. So it has ruined your perception of her? :lol: Shame, she was quite good in the film, But I don't know if I prefered Katie Holmes' Rachel. Doesn't matter anyway, we won't have to see that character again.

Maggie Gylenhall is hot, big style. That's my input.

Oh, and, colour me controversial, but I think The Dark Knight was just an average Hollywood film, with probably one of Bale's worst performances.

I'm a twat, I never agree with anyone else's opinions.

i will half agree with your non agreementness...

she WAS hot, in the dark knight she resembles a saggy alien quite often.

Christian bale was lame in the dark knight, the growly voice thing is stupider. and he even does the growly voice when he talks to lucius about the sonar computer thing... like he needs to... oh whatever...

and what makes him seem even lamer is the fact that ledger blew him away, BUT ledger still wasn't as awesome as everyone makes out, he was fucking great though, the way he says "hiiii" to harvey dent in the hospital is a moment of genius..

BUT aaron eckhart completely runs rings around the both of them then steals their pocket money and nails both their mums. he is that film. i would say it is above average, because it really made me give a shit about the characters, not so much bruce wayne, but i completely bought into harvey dent being the soul of the film.... it's a shame the last bit had to be a cliche hostage scene but you cannot deny how awesome the score is for that final 10 minutes, i dont think i blinked. because of that its above average for me.

oh and on blu ray the imax sequences fuck your eyes hard.