OT:The Dark Knight Strikes Again

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
I just read the sequel to Frank Miller's Classic, The Dark Knight Returns, called the Dark Knight Strikes Again and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The first graphic novel a 6 out of 5 stars. If you have even the slightest interest in Batman, these 2 Graphic Novels is a must. It is the ultimate Batman experience.

I read the first book around 1989. I just re-read The Dark Knight Returns, then immediately followed The Dark Knight Strikes Again. This sequel is more abstract that the pre-quel. It goes by very fast and we get to explore more of the female Robin of the first book, who in this one becomes Catgirl. Green Latern, Captain Marvel, Atom Man, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, and Wonder Woman are all in it, and like the first book, Superman has a huge part. It is so dark and intense. A very unique comic experience, and both novels play like a very good action movie in your head.

In this sequel, the world is is almost like a police state and Lex Luther has a lot of control. The President is a hologram and Superman has become nothign more than a pawn of the US Gov't. In fact, Superheros are underground. Batman thinks of Superman as a sell out and he should buck up and start kickign ass instead of workign for a corrupt gov't.

Frank Miller's Batman is very grim for a grim world. In the Dark Knight novels, he kills and beats the crap out of people including cops. Superman and Batman have a brutal fight with each other, and in the sequel, Superman comes around a bit. There is also a great Wonder Woman and Superman sex scene.

The sequel ended up being a great idea and I highly recommend these graphic novels to anyone with the slightest interest in Batman. Its very emotional.