The Dark Knight Rises (don't post spoilers)

4890499_460s.jpg

Ok I haven't read this whole thread, but to me Anne Hathaway's ass in that suit was probably my favorite part. I wasn't super impressed with the film walking out of the theatre. It felt a bit.... I dunno.... disconnected to me at times... I liked JGL's character. Bane's voice drove me crazy. I mean it wasn't bad but people kept telling me it was the best comic book film they'd ever seen. Meh. It wasn't better than the last one.

And I kinda just wished they'd let him die in the end. I dunno what connection it has to the comics/ graphic novels, but it just felt like they decided to give it a happy ending just because that's what American movies always have....

it just felt like they decided to give it a happy ending just because that's what American movies always have....

ummmmmmmm ....

paranormal activity series, insidious, american psycho, event horizon, friday 13th series, the fog, halloween, nightmare on elm street, american history x, american beauty .....

I'm at work otherwise I could keep going and going

I meant the vast majority... Of course there are a few that don't pan out. Plus most of what you just listed are horror movies.... where the point is for tons of people to die. And damn I haven't seen Event Horizon forever.

Complaining about the film version of a comic book being unrealistic = missing the point

not necessarily

obviously a movie like x-men, superman, avengers, etc. requires a certain level of suspension of belief due to the fact that you have all these superheroes with imagined abilities doing a bunch of shit a normal human never could

batman, however, is just some rich dude who's out to use his dickloads of money to fuck up criminals. no super powers, no made up laws of physics/anatomy, and therefore no suspension of belief. honestly, i couldn't even stand the scene near the beginning of TDK where batman jumps on top of that car in the parking garage and jumps right up like it wasn't shit...that fall would crush your legs/hips/spine, regardless of what kind of body armor or other protection you're wearing.

Hell yeah! I first saw that movie because ZAO had clips from it on one of their records, and it sounded creepy as shit. And it was.

Fuck this was really intense. Haters gonna hate, but I'd personally find it really hard to hate on that movie haha.

^ Nice especially the sound effect part, but I don't get into it too much because, as much as a big and fine work it is, from a pure artistic choice point of view, I don't see anything special to the score, it sounds like another new superhero movie score. You could switch them between the movies I wouldn't even notice it since they all have the same prominent use of the same instruments, same tension building techniques, same repetitive strings to give some dark ambiance to the themes, same use of brass during epic moments... It bores me to death. I don't know if it is the style that bores me, because it indeed works perfectly with the style of movies, maybe the problem is that I got bored of superhero movies and therefore of all the scores that go with them. Even before starting the video I knew what I was going to listen, and that is exactly what I listened to. Because of that I never really got into Hans Zimmer. The main theme is catchy, but far from Conan/Starship Troopers/Tron 2/Terminator-like catchy.

From a technical point of view, it's impressive though !

WTF ANNE HATAWAY IS IN IT.
Just watched the trailer and that ugly bitch is there what the hell
Not gonna watch that piece of shit fuck the world