The Dark Knight Rises (don't post spoilers)

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Last night/morning they had the marathon in cinema's here in Holland.
They weren't allowed to show The Dark Knight Rises before 06:00 in the morning, so they started at 00:00 with Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.

I have to say that this movie is extraordinary!
Without spoiling anything, the end is amazing. It should've been difficult to come up with a proper ending for this trilogy, fortunatelly they came up with a great one.

Make sure Batman Begins and Dark Knight are still a bit fresh in your memory once you watch the Dark Knight Rises.

I'm still speechless actually.

I'm confident that this movie will be the highlight of my year. I'm a big Nolan fan.
It really sucks that I have to wait a whole month before it opens here in Greece, why the fuck do they to that???
Waiting a month and meanwhile hearing all those people who've seen it talking about it will be excruciating.

It was a great effin film. Awesome ending too!! Bain or whatever was a good actor...but he has nothing on heath's joker performance

just watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again to be prepared for cinema next week (actually
watched both like 15 times already, nice to have them on DVD) I am soooo nervous about that movie.

^lol Same here and I love cinema. The most anticipated movie ever for me was Terminator 3 and was a utterly shit and this was almost 10 years ago. Now I dont expect nothing.

I watched TDKR yesterday and it lived up to the hype for me, I thought a few elements were a amiss and it took the film a while to get going but the final third was pretty breathtaking as a piece of cinema.

Banes voice is ridiculous though, he sounds so much like an english yoda I found his character difficult to take seriously at all. They probably shouldn't have redubbed him again cos most of his lines were incomprehensible anyway and Hardy is a good actor - he's not as chunky as some wanted the character to be but the lighting/camera angles do give him a sense of raw power but his voice just sounds awful - I think what bugged me most is that it doesn't actually sound as though its in the room, it sounds laid over the top, like theres no natural reverb to it and its just a dry overdub.

Yeah I agree with that ^^ ! I must say I preferred the insane edge the joker provided in the last one much more, but that was a difficult one to beat!

I definitely didnt have the last 2 films fresh in my memory though, so i'm sure I missed a lot of stuff connecting.

I have nothing I can complain about ... my only slight gripe would also be Bane's voice. Not the actual tone of it or the presentation which I thought was actually great, think if Kelsey Grammer was an utter sociopath, just that they could have lessened the effect to make some of the lines a bit more intelligible

Aside from that, I loved the slow build, the movie took its time getting where it needed to but never felt drawn out and man, that ending could not have been more perfect. I think I was most concerned about the ending just because with something like this, if you don't stick the landing it runs the risk of taking away from what proceeded it but damn, this ending was flawless

I went to a marathon showing of the films on Thursday night. I'm actually not sure if I liked DKR really. Maybe I hyped myself up too much beforehand, but it felt like a letdown. I'm gonna see it again just to be sure, though. One of my biggest gripes was that I couldn't understand Bane through the first half of the film. I wish Nolan would have ADR'd his voice, but apparently he's very much against that practice unless it's absolutely necessary.

Last night/morning they had the marathon in cinema's here in Holland.
They weren't allowed to show The Dark Knight Rises before 06:00 in the morning, so they started at 00:00 with Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.

I have to say that this movie is extraordinary!
Without spoiling anything, the end is amazing. It should've been difficult to come up with a proper ending for this trilogy, fortunatelly they came up with a great one.

Make sure Batman Begins and Dark Knight are still a bit fresh in your memory once you watch the Dark Knight Rises.

I'm still speechless actually.

not trying to give spoilers but the entire last 15 min of TDKR totally completely looks like absolutely nothing but a giant set-up for a sequel (the best part of the movie BTW)... except we've already been told that there isn't going to be one... so...what the fucking hell, man?!?!

saw it last night. christian bale still fucking sucks.

i loved Michelle Phifer's catwoman so fucking much...and then anne hathaway's catwoman sucked so bad...and then Bane's muffled voice sounded like Sean Connery...the plot is sort of stolen from Batman Begins...i understand that nolan wants the movie-going audience to understand that the 3 movies all take place in the same movie-universe, but it felt like Nolan was beating us over the head with the idea....
this movie sucked so bad that i'm actually relieved that someone else paid for my ticket

there should totally be a stickie in the off-topic for new releases, hell even a movie critique section would be cool...

on the subject at hand, i have epilepsy and trying to find a ride to and from the Theaters has prevented me from seeing this movie :( and i have wanted to see this one more so than ANY other movie i can remember (except maybe Avatar, which was kind of a let-down in my opinion, still a good movie though)

However it better kick some serious ass to knock V for Vendetta outta my top spot :rofl:

but he has nothing on heath's joker performance
i dont think ANYBODY could ever top Heath Ledger's joker preformance...

Bane < Joker. Dark Knight < Dark Knight Rises. I hyped myself up for the dark knight and once i saw it, it was eh for me, only thing that really attracted me was the joker which was damn awesome but the movie itself especially batmans voice was dull for me. For some reason DKR has a flavor that I genuinely liked, something about it was more memorable for me. Neither one of them are in my top movie list I'm just not a fan of the christian bale batman era but if i had to choose what movie to watch again id choose dark knight rises over the dark knight.

Bane < Joker. Dark Knight < Dark Knight Rises. I hyped myself up for the dark knight and once i saw it, it was eh for me, only thing that really attracted me was the joker which was damn awesome but the movie itself especially batmans voice was dull for me. For some reason DKR has a flavor that I genuinely liked, something about it was more memorable for me. Neither one of them are in my top movie list I'm just not a fan of the christian bale batman era but if i had to choose what movie to watch again id choose dark knight rises over the dark knight.

Your opinion is wrong.

Are you serious?? Its one of the best action movies ever.