The Dark Knight Rises (don't post spoilers)

I just got back from it and really just did not like it. I found it overly cheesy, hard to believe, realistically flawed, and ridiculous in too many aspects to take seriously.

Anne Hathaway was annoying and was only a tiny bit of eye candy, the love-affair thrown in between Bruce and that lady from Inception was retarded, Bane's voice was annoying and his mask made zero sense/wasn't explained at all, I still can't take Qui-Gon Jin seriously in that role (especially after seeing a Taken 2 trailer right before the film), and them driving the bomb around and then banging it around behind a helicopter without it fucking exploding was totally unrealistic and unbelievable.

I'm not a fan of comic book movies to begin with, but this was a serious letdown.

+1. And did you feel that the movie just kept getting slower and slower? Him working his way out of the prison and somehow not hurting is back again was beyond me. A friend and I talked about it and thought that if anything, it should have been two movies. That way they could have filled in a lot of the details that they crammed in there and had to rush through.

Don't even get me started on the prison scene... it took him how many days to get into that kind of shape from having his back broken? And how fast he got back into the Batsuit after being a crippled old fuck? Come on, that's just ridiculous.

And yes, Carlos is right; realistically flawed = flawed realism.

As for Hathway... hot, yes, but super fucking annoying in this role IMO. Just too cheeseball and there wasn't enough lingering on her ass/legs/tits in shots to make it count as 'eye candy' for me. Wide-pan shots of her riding a motorcycle in dark lighting hardly count.

and there wasn't enough lingering on her ass/legs/tits in shots to make it count as 'eye candy' for me. Wide-pan shots of her riding a motorcycle in dark lighting hardly count.

This really was my only disappointment with this movie

I'd completely hose down that runway and wouldn't even apologize for it :p

SPOILERS AHEAD

Complaining about the film version of a comic book being unrealistic = missing the point

I liked the movie. Not sure if it's better than its successor, but I honestly don't really care. It was entertaining enough.
I really liked the concept of that prison and the sequences of the child escaping.
The twist at the end/the love affair was kind of stupid. Also cat woman wasn't nearly as annoying as in the comics. They even got along in the end and went on cheesy holidays in venice or wherever which was not very believable for the catwoman character imo.

Agree on most parts here to be honest!

But ... as far as I recall (and it was a while ago) at the end of Knightfall, he DOES end up with Selina Kyle. (Some one correct me otherwise)

also.. Anne Hathaway's character suited the part perfectly fine and I'm GLAD she wasn't just there for some T&A, you guys are shit :p

It did get a bit slow at times, but even then, the whole thing happened over like 4 months don't forget. Yes, it's a bit unrealistic with Bruce's back etc, but it was done perfectly well IMO considering the story differences to the comic. I like that compared to the manic/ chaotic feel of TDK, this one felt so much more, 'All hope is gone' so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm just quicker to accept what the aim is, but I got that sense and emotional stand point and I believe that was the intention.

Again.. bar some minor details, I think the whole trilogy fits into some of the greatest pieces of cinema I've ever seen. I'm so happy Nolan rebooted it! :)

Did his back really break in the movie? I thought only one of the vertebras was dislocated, after
getting hit in the back and hanging there, stuff like that can be cured way faster than a broken
back where the spine is broken (sometimes this can't be cured at all) had a dislocated vertebra
2 times, so you can believe me ;)
I know that his back is broken in the comis, but I didn't they change that part a bit in the movie?

Did his back really break in the movie? I thought only one of the vertebras was dislocated, after
getting hit in the back and hanging there, stuff like that can be cured way faster than a broken
back where the spine is broken (sometimes this can't be cured at all) had a dislocated vertebra
2 times, so you can believe me ;)
I know that his back is broken in the comis, but I didn't they change that part a bit in the movie?

Yeah they definitely clearly stated that he just dislodged two vertebrae. Just paying homage to the comics without having to have him out of commission for years. In the comics after Bane broke his back there was another Batman, Raziel I believe, who did the Batman thing until Bruce was healed. Raziel started actually killing criminals and shit and Batman had to stop him

Batman got replaced by Azrael during that time, but yeah, besides that you're right.
@Monoxide Child, why don't you just stop posting it everywhere? You won't change
my mind about the movie for example at all, I just gonna think that you're an idiot,
that's it, the guys who are interested and haven't seen the movie still gonna watch
it someday (at least I am sure about that) and got their own opinion.

If you think it's exhausting to post in every TDKR thread, just stop it, it's that easy.

Listened to the soundtrack alot, actually listened through all of them, the soundtrack
to The Dark Knight was fucking great, TDKR still has a nice soundtrack but it's not up
to par imho, like 80% there, but Hans Zimmer was able to put Joker's crazyiness into
the soundtrack.

Listened to the soundtrack alot, actually listened through all of them, the soundtrack
to The Dark Knight was fucking great, TDKR still has a nice soundtrack but it's not up
to par imho, like 80% there, but Hans Zimmer was able to put Joker's crazyiness into
the soundtrack.

The noise on the first to minutes of Gotham's Reckoning is a pain. I would really love that track if it wasn't for the excessive amount of noise. When you're recording in Sony Studios you might think that this wouldn't be an issue right?

And Imagine the Fire is amazing, typical Hans, typical Batman.

I'm still not sure which one I prefer Hans Zimmer's soundtracks or Danny Elfman's on Batman. Both did a great job anyway!