new cd??

Even still, those songs have a full volume effect on me. It definitely has to do with the production to some degree... I dunno.

Probably so. My 4 fav songs on PL are (IN NO ORDER) Eve of Seduction, Revelation, Paradise Lost, and Sacrifice.

In the end it does not top TIO or DWOT or DG. Those albums were the opposite of generic.

My 4 fav songs on PL are (IN NO ORDER) Eve of Seduction, Revelation, Paradise Lost, and Sacrifice.

Haha, all the ones with melody.

In the end it does not top TIO or DWOT or DG. Those albums were the opposite of generic.

I actually think PL is one of the most consistent albums they've done, right next to V. Parts of it may be generic, but to me there's no really bland/filler tracks (even Seven redeems itself at certain parts as to avoid being called filler).

DG, Twilight, DWOT, and even The Odyssey all had a few filler tracks each (e.g. Savage Curtain, Secrets, Sonata, Dragon's Den, Pharaoh, Witching Hour, Incantations of the Apprentice, The Turning). That's not to say these aren't good songs, but just not up to the Symphony X standard.

Dragons Den is no way filler. Its better than Relic IMO. Maybe im bias cuz Dragons Den was the first Symphony X song I ever heard for whatever reason.

IotA and Turning I used to think were pretty fillerish but those songs grew on me a lot over the years.

Pharaoh is still one of my least favorite Syx songs to this day though :p

Pharaoh and In The Dragon's Den FUCKING ROCK and I definitely consider them to be great Symphony X songs. And Sonata is a beautiful transition piece and an homage to the great Ludwig Van Beethoven- why the hell would anybody want to knock that?

It still boggles my mind the amount of hate and flack that "Pharaoh" gets on these boards. The verses are among Allen's best, Miller's bassline is sick, and Pinnella's keys shine through. The middle section is just so dynamic and cathartic at the same time and I consider it maybe SX's greatest metal moment. I mean it would simply be CRUSHING if they ever played it live. :headbang:

Everyone has different defitions of what "fillers" are on each SymX CD...that's the funny thing. It's a credit to the band, if anything.

Heavier than Paradise Lost, but still more progressive? OMG, this is going to blow my brains out. Can I come up there to Jersey and help them get it finished? Crap, nothing worth listening to out there right now. I don't know how I can manage the wait........ Re-runs of Family Guy are getting me through right now.............Something something something dark side.........

I think more bands should take a page out of Dream Theater's book and let fans into the studio world during recording. It makes the wait far more bearable.

Heavier than Paradise Lost, but still more progressive? OMG, this is going to blow my brains out. Can I come up there to Jersey and help them get it finished? Crap, nothing worth listening to out there right now. I don't know how I can manage the wait........ Re-runs of Family Guy are getting me through right now.............Something something something dark side.........

listen to edgend, dt, narnia, or myrath... or theocracy!