New CD's that you have gotten recently

The only 3 good Metallica albums are the first 3, only 3 i own. However, I dont need Master of Puppets, the best are Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning and id be happy with just those 2 albums

Kill Em All isn't even in my top 3 Metallica.
Matter of opinion.

Justice is solid. The non - single tracks on the Black album are great.

Matter of opinion.

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with everything you said. "Kill 'em All" is completely overrated and I find is liked by all these metalheads to make them seem cool. It's not terrible, but you can tell it's a first album.

Never understood the hate for Justice. My only issue with it is the lack of noticeable bass.

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with everything you said. "Kill 'em All" is completely overrated and I find is liked by all these metalheads to make them seem cool. It's not terrible, but you can tell it's a first album.

Never understood the hate for Justice. My only issue with it is the lack of noticeable bass.

im all about being cool. I prefer Ride the Lightning over Kill 'Em All

The hate for 'Justice' is because that album decided if Metallica would stay what they were, or become what they are. They chose to make a video, and two versions of it at that.
Sure it was different that previous albums, but 'Kill 'em All' was nothing like the next two. On the 'black' album they tried to recapture the heavy epic sound on the third and fourth album but it did not work, the magic was gone. But they did not care because they now had money. Soon after they would reveal to the world that they had been posers all long. Fuck Metallica.
I guess I can say that because my first thrash band was these guys and it took me a whole different direction.

[youtube]watch?v=WPm4t-ROJIs[/youtube]

Justice was released the same day as Danzig's first day.

Got em both on cassette!!!! (Mendyke would be proud)

Matter of opinion.

Pretty much agreed here. My favorite Metallica albums are:

1. Ride The Lightning
2. Master Of Puppets
3. ...And Justice For All
4. Kill 'Em All

I even like about half of the black album.

AB_Cover.gif

Also pre-ordered the new Helloween.

Raven: Extermination
Roots of Black Sabbath: 2 CD comp of various tribute songs, Quartz, side projects etc.

This seems so oddly put together, as if there was no plan behind it and just various thing tossed together and released with just the name Black Sabbath to sell it. Reading the track list I even thought I might be reading the wrong thing. And it kind of made me think of those cheaply put together comps you could find littering Big Lots stores back in thev 90s.

This seems so oddly put together, as if there was no plan behind it and just various thing tossed together and released with just the name Black Sabbath to sell it. Reading the track list I even thought I might be reading the wrong thing. And it kind of made me think of those cheaply put together comps you could find littering Big Lots stores back in thev 90s.

Most cover albums are like that though.

Ragnarokkr related pick-ups:

CDs:

Twisted Tower Dire - Make It Dark
Grave Digger - Excalibur
Grave Digger - Return of the Reaper
The Obsessed - Lunar Womb
Force of Evil - Black Empire
Sorcerer - In The Shadow of the Inverted Cross
Dream Evil - In The Night
Crypt Sermon - Out Of The Garden
Altar of Oblivion - Grand Gesture of Defiance
Eternal Champion - Retaliator / Gatekeeper - Vigilance (Split)
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction

Other:

Swords of Steel (Book)
Moros Nyx - Rite of Rebellion (7")
Savage Master (2x pins)
Dio - We Rock (DVD)
Candlemass - Documents of Doom (DVD)