New CD's that you have gotten recently

wouldn't have wasted the dollar.

How is the new Five Finger Death Punch double vinyl?

As I said I sampled it and it wasn't too bad.

It is limited, colored, with a bonus cd. So said what the heck.

Ha. Wasn't expecting any positive response but figured this is the new acquisition thread so I posted it.

Can you believe that band is on their 9th album now? I doubt I'll ever buy another release of theirs again unless they put their demos on CD.

Yeah. Hadn't heard anything since Are you Dead Yet.
I had to go to metal Archives to see what they had been up to.

There were two albums I saw that I never even knew came out

As I said this one is more in line with HCDR.

Ok. Prolly more COb talk than necessary for these parts.

Lamb of God - Sturm Und Drans (Bitch at me all you like, but they've always been the one band in that genre I enjoy)
My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery
Stratovarius - Eternal

dCHu8vn.jpg

Lamb of God - Sturm Und Drans (Bitch at me all you like, but they've always been the one band in that genre I enjoy)
My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery
Stratovarius - Eternal

I will say one thing Simon.
I do have respect for you in not hiding what you like.
I am the same way.

That being said tho, LoG is one band i can't really tolerate.
I tried live too , watching their set when they opened for Slayer once.

I had no idea Stratovarius had a new album.
Seriously haven't seen any reports on that.
I actually had to look that up to see if the title you posted was a new album.
Wow. Years ago that would have been bigger news.

How is the MDB? I have read nothing but good reviews.

I will say one thing Simon.
I do have respect for you in not hiding what you like.
I am the same way.

That being said tho, LoG is one band i can't really tolerate.
I tried live too , watching their set when they opened for Slayer once.

I had no idea Stratovarius had a new album.
Seriously haven't seen any reports on that.
I actually had to look that up to see if the title you posted was a new album.
Wow. Years ago that would have been bigger news.

How is the MDB? I have read nothing but good reviews.

yeah...I saw the new Strato this weekend at Rolling Stones and wasn't sure if it was a new album or re-issue or something.

Very strange. Wonder why it's not getting much push

No different from any other power metal band in North America (except for Blind Guardian and potentially Helloween). Nobody cares about these bands here. In Canada, there is no version of the new album. You have to buy an import version. Our main store (HMV) doesn't stock it, and Amazon only has imports.

I can't figure out if these bands are unsuccessful here because they get no push, or they get no push because they're unsuccessful. Sabaton is a great example of a band that has built up success in North America. In 2012, I saw them play to 100-150 people in Toronto. Now they're huge. I'm not sure why the other bands are having difficulty replicating something similar.

I wasn't even specifically talking about n American push.

I don't recall even seeing a Blabbermouth article about a new Stratovarius.

Didn't even know they were working on a new one.

I wasn't even specifically talking about n American push.

I don't recall even seeing a Blabbermouth article about a new Stratovarius.

Didn't even know they were working on a new one.

yeah...there was no talk even..i usually see something on facebook about stuff like this and no one posted about it. I wonder if people just kind of gave up on them or they will only draw interest if they are going to play shows here. I am sure if they announced a tour people would have interest in a new album...since there is no tour...it will kill any interest...if you have limited money...you will buy an band you are going to see live first over a band you are not. Or if you have to choose...which band is the better in your opinion. I still never got the last one and I heard it was really good too.

The last one of theirs I bought was Elysium.
It was ok but not as solid as Polaris

Unfortunately , Stratovarius for me are one of those bands where I like but don't really plan to purchase anything new by

(tho that holds true for a lot of power metal bands who hit their stride in that era)

The last one of theirs I bought was Elysium.
It was ok but not as solid as Polaris

Unfortunately , Stratovarius for me are one of those bands where I like but don't really plan to purchase anything new by

(tho that holds true for a lot of power metal bands who hit their stride in that era)

yeah i have stopped with a lot of those bands...Rage, strato, rhapsody of fire and so on.