New Dan interview in Metal-Rules.com

Face it guys, spitz is a fucking space monkey of the highest degree. Have you SEEN today's post about his missus on www.spitzwatch.com ? He has completely lost the fuckin plot, the band need to boot him fast as he is surely now a major liability. God knows what he'll do next. I love his playing for sure but this is a meltdown situation which even the Anthrax 'Kiss-style' media approach is gonna struggle to contain. Kick his ass, I'd like to see Fred Fl... I mean Rob back. He's a fuckin straight dude.

what was being disloyal in that interview? he doesnt like rob's playing so what i don't like korn's playing but dan does its his opinion.

Speaking you mind is stupid? That idiotcy in itself

So people blast him because his opinion differs from their's?

In his mind anthrax ain't anthrax without him or joey i guess from that interview. Fair play to him,I know a few who would agree with him it happens in most band line-up changes.

As for his wife he's happy his wife was invited to whatever & decided to share.

Cant remember most of it the dime thing seemed weird in the writing it kept me bringing up question if it was a fake or something the 8-ball album (aint that volume 8) which was what 6 years after he left & other shit about dime i can't remember exactly seemed absurbed & would find it hard to believe dan said that in the way it came out.

On a side note thought V8 fucking rules cant stop playin it.

"John is a great guy personally, killer guy, but as far as my music, fuck no. I write dynamic, he has to be able to sing."

This is one of the quotes that got me going. Spitz writes dynamic music??? Since when did he even start writing for Anthrax? When did he ever contribute anything besides PLAYING the guitar. We all know Charlie writes the music.
John has to be able to sing? He might not be Robert Plant, but i'd take him any day over anyone because he has more heart and honest passion.

Did I mention that Spitz has zero stage presence besides contributing nothing?
The way this sounds, you'd think he was Anthrax. If this interview was fudged, i'm still not apologising.

Dan Spitz. Keep digging the whole, buddy.

I hate to see all this drama swarm around one of my fav bands. You all knew he was insane, and you asked him back anyway. I would take Rob's drunk antics then Spitz's sober bible beating nonsense anyway. And that has nothing to do with who is singing so don't even start.

The_Great_WV_Trendkill said:
People beleive this shit? Anyone with any sense knows he's trying to cover his ass with lies.

The band I once loved is now dead

So why continue to post if they are dead to you?

BIGPHAT442 said:
"John is a great guy personally, killer guy, but as far as my music, fuck no. I write dynamic, he has to be able to sing."

This is one of the quotes that got me going. Spitz writes dynamic music??? Since when did he even start writing for Anthrax? When did he ever contribute anything besides PLAYING the guitar. We all know Charlie writes the music.
John has to be able to sing? He might not be Robert Plant, but i'd take him any day over anyone because he has more heart and honest passion.

Did I mention that Spitz has zero stage presence besides contributing nothing?
The way this sounds, you'd think he was Anthrax. If this interview was fudged, i'm still not apologising.

And its not the first time Spitz has said he voted against John joining the band, he said the same thing in the 20 questions at the metal sludge site a few years ago so it is hard to tell what parts of that interview are true and what is not.

Rise said:
what was being disloyal in that interview? he doesnt like rob's playing so what i don't like korn's playing but dan does its his opinion.

Speaking you mind is stupid? That idiotcy in itself
ç

Pfff Whatever dude, you're just gonna keep defending Dan anyways so no point arguing with you.

The thing is, both Joey and Dan, but specially Dan have been dissing the 13, that's THIRTEEN years of the Bushthrax era, and I am not cool with it.

It's one thing to have some dude over the internet complain about it, 'cause let's face it, who gives a shit about fans... and then there's ex-band members who pretty much got a second chance to be anyone that matters, and what do they do? They talk shit about their own band when they should be pretty grateful... Man, that's like totally stupid if you ask me, and if it was my band, I'd fire Dan's ass faster than you can say DO THE MATH just on the grounds of saying that he'd burn a record of his own band. That's not team work, that's being an ass.

That's what we lost Bush and Rob for?

Great...

The way I look at it is, Dan may not have wanted Bush in the band, but he still did a record with the guy. If he really was against Bush he would have bailed before SOWN. Why this sudden rage is just now surfacing is beyond me. Weather you like someones playing or singing or not really does not matter, but, he said things that were disrespectfull to the band that he has now decided to re-join. It makes no sense to put your own band down. And maybe you have not been around for the past 13 years, but, Dan Spitz will always be a big part of the Anthrax story. Why he would choose to taint that story is, again, beyond me.

And about this whole "cover band" comment;

1. A cover band usually does not write 4 albums of new material together.

2. Joey knows a little bit about Anthrax cover bands, why don't we ask him how he feels.

Spitz should be greatfull he ever got offered a second chance. If he is so comfy with his other musical stuff and watchmaking then he should not have accepted Scott and Charlie's offer. To come back just to make these comments is unproffesional. He's getting paid to do something he claims to love. If I were him (and thank the cross-eyed gods I'm not) I would keep my damn mouth shut and go back to fixing watches. Just my opinion here, I'm not trying to start any shit. I am just getting fed up with all this drama surrounding a band I love. John, Joey, who the fuck ever - I just want to keep going to shows and buying new music from a group of guys who have so far, not let me down. I gotta say though, this reunion, and all it's shit talking high school BS has been the low point of my time as an Anthrax fan.

there's an interesting thread on that particular webzines forums

http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=40270

here's a few quotes from the admin of the site

I have now heard the audio of the interview and the transcription is accurate. I don't see how that is "tabloid-esque journalism" or "a compilation of bullshit" , it's just a transcription of what was said.
In the background during much of the interview there is music playing. Tons of kiss etc. If the tape was being turned on and off the songs playing in the background would be interrupted. They are not.
of course they seem very reclutant to let anybody else listen to these tapes so who knows what the truth is ?

Thrillho said:
The way I look at it is, Dan may not have wanted Bush in the band, but he still did a record with the guy. If he really was against Bush he would have bailed before SOWN. Why this sudden rage is just now surfacing is beyond me. Weather you like someones playing or singing or not really does not matter, but, he said things that were disrespectfull to the band that he has now decided to re-join. It makes no sense to put your own band down. And maybe you have not been around for the past 13 years, but, Dan Spitz will always be a big part of the Anthrax story. Why he would choose to taint that story is, again, beyond me.

And about this whole "cover band" comment;

1. A cover band usually does not write 4 albums of new material together.

2. Joey knows a little bit about Anthrax cover bands, why don't we ask him how he feels.

Spitz should be greatfull he ever got offered a second chance. If he is so comfy with his other musical stuff and watchmaking then he should not have accepted Scott and Charlie's offer. To come back just to make these comments is unproffesional. He's getting paid to do something he claims to love. If I were him (and thank the cross-eyed gods I'm not) I would keep my damn mouth shut and go back to fixing watches. Just my opinion here, I'm not trying to start any shit. I am just getting fed up with all this drama surrounding a band I love. John, Joey, who the fuck ever - I just want to keep going to shows and buying new music from a group of guys who have so far, not let me down. I gotta say though, this reunion, and all it's shit talking high school BS has been the low point of my time as an Anthrax fan.

I think what dan was trying to communicate with the whole cover band comment is that anthrax, the band and its name, got of the ground and to the height of its popularity with 5 guys - Joey, Charlie, Scott, Frankie and of course Dan himself. To him anthrax is those guys. In all honesty, and im sure the majority of you guys will agree with me, Bush-thrax and Belladonna-thrax are two completely different (but both kickass :headbang: ) bands, sure the rhythm section is the same but at the end of the day a bands sound is defined by the vocalist, not the guitars or drums.