New Deicide

I liked what I've heard so far. I've really never been disappointed with Deicide with exception of In Torment In Hell, but this new one sounds promising indeed.

Stormwatch said:
I find it really interesting that the drummer writes all the songs, while the guitarists apparently did fuck all. Isn't it meant to be the other way round?!

I always found it weird when guitarists in a band do not write any or much.

Both Candlemass guitarist don't write the songs.

90% of unleashed music is written by the bassist/vocalist and they have two guitarists.

I doubt any of them mind because writting songs/riffs can be a pain regardless how much you like playing guitar.

The Greys said:
I always found it weird when guitarists in a band do not write any or much.

Both Candlemass guitarist don't write the songs.

90% of unleashed music is written by the bassist/vocalist and they have two guitarists.

I doubt any of them mind because writting songs/riffs can be a pain regardless how much you like playing guitar.

I assume Steve Asheim can play guitar pretty fuckin' well to come up with these things. :headbang:

And MetalNoob is a cock.

You don't have to be that good of a guitarist to write stuff like in deicide. The music and song structres are really basic. I would say what I have heard from the new album has some good guitar playing. Nothing amazing but something I did not expect to hear from deicide.

The Greys said:
You don't have to be that good of a guitarist to write stuff like in deicide. The music and song structres are really basic. I would say what I have heard from the new album has some good guitar playing. Nothing amazing but something I did not expect to hear from deicide.

Death Metal and black metal are pretty easy music forms to play.

I know you don't need to be Joe Satriani to write or play this stuff, hell I can play almost the entire Scars album without even learning or practicing it. But it's still some good shit to come up with considering the guys a drummer.

i enjoyed their first album.feasting the beast was o.k.
maybe i'll get this new one.i liked the horror movie shit they did originally
with line-up changes of bands that got stale my hopes always rise

Stormwatch said:
BTW does anyone know what will be the difference between the limited and normal editions of this CD? Are they doing a free DVD with it again?

The limited edition will have a hologram of Digby doing a massive shit on a pile of classic albums, while counting money.

Well, the thing is - the limited edition version is actually 50p cheaper than the normal one on Amazon. So the money thing isn't a factor.
It makes me think there's no free DVD though it's probably a shitty cardboard digipack that gets all bent and doesn't sit right in your cd collection like all shitey digipacks.

Stormwatch said:
Well, the thing is - the limited edition version is actually 50p cheaper than the normal one on Amazon. So the money thing isn't a factor.
It makes me think there's no free DVD though it's probably a shitty cardboard digipack that gets all bent and doesn't sit right in your cd collection like all shitey digipacks.

Or even worse, a "slip case". Like regular cd cases, only more fiddly.