NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL

Steph: are you staying for the whole fstival ? Or just Friday?

Lynn + Dan : yeah I'm interested in Saturday and Sunday myself.
Im thinking of flying in on Friday afternoon and leave on Monday morning...

Dan do you have an extra couch? :loco:

Lynn: I'll def keep you posted :)

Flights to CT are a lot cheaper... I'm thinking I might do that.

Got more than a couch, by the time the show arrives I should have all new bedroom set for the spare room ready to go.

I live an hour south of Worcester (not Worchester) and have been to two of these fests. One year I slept in my car on a side street: there isn't much for hotels in that area. I'm also 50 miles south of Boston if anyone needs any help at Logan or advice or whatever.

I live an hour south of Worcester (not Worchester) and have been to two of these fests. One year I slept in my car on a side street: there isn't much for hotels in that area. I'm also 50 miles south of Boston if anyone needs any help at Logan or advice or whatever.

I can sleep just about anywhere, but I do not function without a daily shower/hygine episode. :lol: I'd like to see Chris play, but whatever happens happens. Is there a commons area to hang out in or decent places outside/nearby eateries/pubs etc for one to go too?

lol they still do that a lot in mass? i know a few still with the Mainah accent but it's died down...

Oh jeez yes.. I was out there in Lynn and Peabody last summer, and between the guidos and the cah (car), showah, beeyah (beer) yous guys, (I can't fucking stand that) watah.... I was ready to go nuts. "Hey yah mutharfuckah get away from my cah, if I have tah set down mah beeyah yous guys are gonnah get it. I ain't gonnah tell yah again!" :Smug:

Anyhoo what's the surrounding area like at the venue?

No way in fuck will I attend this event...

Out of all of those, about 3 total bands I'd want to see, and for the price of it, plus the pain of having to be with a NEMHF crowd... Not even to see Nevermore.

I'm going.
I live 45 minutes away from the venue, 15 minutes away from an airport, so i can pick anyone up easily, (Karen, you may want to look into flying into Providence), and anyone who wants to crash at my place is welcome

Oh jeez yes.. I was out there in Lynn and Peabody last summer, and between the guidos and the cah (car), showah, beeyah (beer) yous guys, (I can't fucking stand that) watah.... I was ready to go nuts. "Hey yah mutharfuckah get away from my cah, if I have tah set down mah beeyah yous guys are gonnah get it. I ain't gonnah tell yah again!" :Smug:

Anyhoo what's the surrounding area like at the venue?

Fuck you! I have to LIVE with these people! Just four more fucking months and I'm giving this frigid swamp hellhole the old mid-hand appendage.

The surrounding area is the slummy city of Worcester. You'll see the gorgeous catacombs of industrialization and seedy black men.

yeah it's a shit town and kind of a small venue, basically your average mass industrial town, lot of old textile mills and pretty crumby neighborhoods, im actually not so sure now, i don't really mind the palladium, it's not a bad venue but for almost 100 for seeing 2 or 3 bands i actually wan't to see, i don't think it's worth it.

although i've never seen nevermore live save for the 30 min setlist at gigantour...

EDIT: oh shi never mind Ensiferum and Tyr are on the set list :p.

I'm going.
I live 45 minutes away from the venue, 15 minutes away from an airport, so i can pick anyone up easily, (Karen, you may want to look into flying into Providence), and anyone who wants to crash at my place is welcome

Thank you Max!!

The only thing that is seriously stopping me from going to this is this job...
I got it, but they haven't told me yet when I start.
Regardless- April is in enough time - I think I'm 90% in!!!
woohoo!

Party!

it's not a bad venue but for almost 100 for seeing 2 or 3 bands i actually wan't to see, i don't think it's worth it.
although i've never seen nevermore live save for the 30 min setlist at gigantour...

That's kind of on my mind too.... if they are just going to play a 30-40 min set, meh. If they are to do a proper closing of the weekend with a "headliner" type set length/ production that's a different story. My last go around like that was seeing Testament in Florida and some shit dump in New Jersey. It was a total disaster so I just sat and 5 dollar Heiniken'd myself out of my misery. I got to see Canibal and Exodus plus meet Derrick, Cara and Karen so it was'nt a total loss tho.