NEW FREDMAN STYLE AWESOMETIME IMPULSES

Different strokes for different blokes, and although I find impulses leave a lot to be desired, it is one of Ryan's impulses I tend to go with most often.

My statement was pointed towards Mr. Mikko Vainiala.

I love Ryan's impulses, but I was also stating that not everyone is saying his are the ones to swear by.

my impulse has low end.....hahaha...

Oh man there is some lows in yours, but that wasn't my point at all.

As to keep this (then) off-topic I'd say this has even more low end plus quite a lot more mids and presence too.

Here is the impulse. Didn't mess with stereo image with this and its based on an old sampled impulse which I tweaked.

Geez, and this isn't any kind of pissin' match (no pun intended)!

It would be great if people posted raw files too when posting clips or making shootouts. It would greatly help to do some real comparisons between stuff, seeking new tones and develop different kind of things.

Once again:
If we compare impulses at all we need to make all stuff with same basic raw file. (Which is not happening here.)

I don't understand what that Mikko dude is even trying to say. None of it makes sense to me.

Ryan, your impulses slay. Done.

I don't understand what that Mikko dude is even trying to say. None of it makes sense to me.

Ryan, your impulses slay. Done.

:)

Let's say that Mikko (or any guitarist) dude is making some recordings. He's using some (so not necessarily Ryan's) impulse there and thinks the tone is just crushing etc. Then comes 006 dude and says to already pretty happy Mikko: Are you interested to try my version of that tone? You post me a raw file (from the amp sim, pre/slave or speaker out) and the recorded version with the cab or the impulse - then I post you my take on it, plus a custom made impulse. If you like it, good. If not, forget it.

I mean, why not to check that out?

If there were just more raw files posted with the clips here, there is a change that good things and new cab sims (and thus new tones) will continously pop up.

But mostly - like in this thread - the only thing we got is various degree of mixes and then some :kickass::headbang::kickass::OMG: comments to those.

(Don't get me wrong again, cause all that is good too.)

My statement was pointed towards Mr. Mikko Vainiala.

I love Ryan's impulses, but I was also stating that not everyone is saying his are the ones to swear by.

Hey I agree with you! My comments were very general, not really aimed at anyone. :cool:

I love Ryan's impulses too, I use them a lot. I was also saying they might not be for everyone, I was just backing you up.

:)

Let's say that Mikko (or any guitarist) dude is making some recordings. He's using some (so not necessarily Ryan's) impulse there and thinks the tone is just crushing etc. Then comes 006 dude and says to already pretty happy Mikko: Are you interested to try my version of that tone? You post me a raw file (from the amp sim, pre/slave or speaker out) and the recorded version with the cab or the impulse - then I post you my take on it, plus a custom made impulse. If you like it, good. If not, forget it.

I mean, why not to check that out?

If there were just more raw files posted with the clips here, there is a change that good things and new cab sims (and thus new tones) will continously pop up.

But mostly - like in this thread - the only thing we got is various degree of mixes and then some :kickass::headbang::kickass::OMG: comments to those.

(Don't get me wrong again, cause all that is good too.)

Obviously you're just trying to turn this thread around to suit you. Stop annoying us with your need for 'raw' files, if you want a proper discussion, start a thread. Hi-jacking someone elses is a sure way to be ignored (which you are, because no one seems to have a clue what you're on about).

BTW - Ryan, thanks for all of your hard work! I can't wait to try out these impulses! :)

Ryan's impulses are awesome!

Mikko, I like your Smooth Amplification Demo 1 Impulse as well.. how did you create it if I may ask?

Hey guys, why not sending Mikko a raw file so that he is happy and stops ?

Seriously Mikko, I understand your desire of testing tones but that's the form you use that pisses us all, you say "it's ok it's ok" and still write sarcastic posts. It's quite simple, they're true : you just have to start your own thread because what you ask is somewhat specific, and on THAT thread people may certainly help you and discuss the topic. Here it's all about ryan's impulses, he put them here, we try and love/don't love them, and that's all. If you think that you have something better/different/special to offer propose it there.

@noarin : hard to say, I think you should do it stereo with double tracking it may help. I still can say I detect an annoying very high pitched harmonic with mikko's impulse. I dunno if the track is mono or stereo put in mono cause I just hear it with my right hear. I can't say if it's because of my hearing that is better with the right ear or if it's really only on the right side of your file.

all the files are stereo mp3's with a mono guitar track in center so you should hear them equally loud Left and Right if I'm not mistaken.
Uploaded a small double tracked clip using Mikko's impulse. I quite like it, nice addition to the pack :) http://stud.hro.nl/0762457/test1/

I laughed my ass off.

but yeah, major props to Ryan/catharsis, I still crave information though ;)

I believe that would be a combination of the guitar (wood, pup, strings) and the hands.

Edit: Oh and yes, the plectrum (pick), the cable and the wiring.

:rolleyes: