New ICED EARTH video...

I would be very happy if they tour with DT in the states, as that's one of the bigger Swedish melo-death bands I like that I have never seen live.

The IE / In Flames / Jag Panzer package was great.

I just saw IE the other night at Wacken... live and in person. It was a real strong performance overall from IE, but it ended a bit abruptly .. no real encores, and hoopla.

Also, I have to note that Ripper really floored me a few times ... he's a top line metal singer, but often gets slagged for one reason or another.

IE had a stage show production to kill for .. great lights, pyro, sound, etc. Zod, Dark One, and myself really got into the set ... a fun, fun, time.

Britt

I posted that over on the Progpower board and forgot to bring it over here as well. There are some bootleg videos from Wacken on Youtube as well. I can't wait for the album to come out.

I love Iced Earth with Ripper, and he killed in in 2004 when I saw them with Evergrey and COB. I've got a handful of bootlegs from that tour and his vocals sound great on the older songs.

As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best metal singers around right now, and brings back the style of the screamers from the 80's.

I guess I am old school.
I still eagerly await the actual release date to first hear an album.

I held out for Novembers Doom.
I can certainly hold out for IE.

I have heard mixed reviews, as usual, for the new IE.
I liked Glorious Burden.

I agree Lee, with your assessment on folks perceptions of Ripper.
He does a fine job both in the studio and live, IMHO.

I guess I am old school.
I still eagerly await the actual release date to first hear an album.

I always wait for the release. It's no fun to spend money on an album and already know what it sounds like. To me, that is a waste of money since I'd be runing the initial feeling of being blown away with a disc.

I'll always seek out the legit samples & singles that are released, but I don't need to hear an entire disc 30x prior to it's release to know if I'll like it. A song or clips are good enough for me.