New innovative bands?

chris-o-fer

twatwaffle
Nov 18, 2003
Your mother
www.myspace.com
I recently picked up Psycroptic's "Scepter of the Ancients", and was blown away by the amount of genre's they meld together, and how smoothly they execute it. Are there any other bands that have a similar sound?

chris-o-fer said:
I heard the two sample mp3's they have out, pretty good stuff. Aren't they kind of tech-ish?
they are tech death/metal the vocals are hardcore/metal not death metal.....they remind me of psychroptic a little, not for the mixing of genres but for the technicality........capharnaum have some awesome solos too

Capharnaum are good. They have a great feeling of progression to their riffs and songs, and yes the solos are unusually good. Innovative though? No, not really.

Their fairly well known, but Ephel Duath's "The Painter's Palette" is THE most innovative metal album I have heard in a long time, and prob will remain so for awhile.

People tends to think that innovative bands are bands like ephel duath, watchtower, arcturus, etc. I would rather name bands that are doing straight metal but add something special and new to it!

Persuader, though I haven't heard all their songs yet, would be an innovative band IMO.

I don't know why I didn't think to say it, but daath are quite unique. I've never heard another band really pull off "techno deathmetal" You can download a few songs off their site. Filter is the only one in that genre available for download though.

Hah, Psycroptic certainly kick a very large slab of arse. They're probably the southernmost metal band in the fucking world.

Other than Ephel Duath, I cant think of much other 'groundbreaking' bands... though I could reccomend Portal and Astriaal as being... creative, in their respective genres (death metal and black metal)

That's pretty funny, I heard a track off the new Ephel Duath, and I think they effectively pulled off using drum n bass in a metal album. I'm having a problem finding Dripping, what label where they with?