Bands/albums that've blown you away recently

I haven't been blown away in a long time... Well, The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus still blows me away every time I hear it even though I've heard it so many times now. I think it has to be one of my all-time favourite albums.

Deathevokation - Chalice of the Ages

For some reason, this band sounds very European, despite being American. And the vocalist even sounds like he has a European accent, which is very strange.

I've been getting deeper into that album lately. Cool shit.

My current jaw-droppers:

Manilla Road - Voyager
Pain Jerk/Incapacitants - Live At No Fun Fest 2007
All Arckanum albums

Magma
Both albums I've heard from them.(Mekhanik Destruktiw Kommandoh and Udu Wudu) Pretty unusual music.

I'm addicted as hell to K.A at the moment. Somehow they made it really catchy and groovy without compromising the original style. Such a fun album.

Skeletonwitch - Beyond The Permafrost
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood

I've added K.A. to my shopping list. It's supposed to arrive soon along with MDK.:)
What I like most about Magma is just how easy it is to listen to them, once you get the hang of what they're doing. The music is rather dark , but not depressing at all, and it's so fun to return to it time and time again.

as I mentioned in another thread, Sculptured's Embodiment has just blown me the fuck away. it'll easily make my top 5 of the year

I haven't been blown away in a long time... Well, The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus still blows me away every time I hear it even though I've heard it so many times now. I think it has to be one of my all-time favourite albums.

i'm listening to this as we speak. what is it? doesn't sound like metal. i'm only into the second tune but i was expecting black metal. i'll keep listening maybe something will catch my attention. synth pop or something

i'm listening to this as we speak. what is it? doesn't sound like metal. i'm only into the second tune but i was expecting black metal. i'll keep listening maybe something will catch my attention. synth pop or something

...Not metal? It's not too heavy, but you'd have to be some kind of purist to not consider them metal. It's certainly metal, it's just very experimental.

I finally decided to check out Dan Swano's Moontower and wow...
This album blew me out of the fucking water. Amazing.

...Not metal? It's not too heavy, but you'd have to be some kind of purist to not consider them metal. It's certainly metal, it's just very experimental.

fine, it has some metal things going on but it's definately not my thing.

I've added K.A. to my shopping list. It's supposed to arrive soon along with MDK.:)
What I like most about Magma is just how easy it is to listen to them, once you get the hang of what they're doing. The music is rather dark , but not depressing at all, and it's so fun to return to it time and time again.

Yeah, it seems to cover a broad range of listening moods for me. I'm not really sure how that works. Though they're not really the kind of band that strives to forge emotional associations with the listener. It's more like a stream of ideas.

Anyway, hope you enjoy K.A as much as I have! :kickass:

Pain of Salvation. Everything they've done. It's all brilliant.

Warbringer - War Without End

So far this album is kicking my ass with some mean ass riffs and solos.

So far I've only heard four songs from the new Kiuas record The New Dark Age. But every one is fuckin' incredible. The album is going to be amazing.

Listening to "Of Sacrifice, Loss and Reward" right now.