Bands/albums that've blown you away recently

Death - Individual Thought Patterns - I've gotten past the vocals and it's entirely amazing.
Great line up - Chuck Schuldiner, Gene Hoglan, Steve DiGorgio - an embarrassing amount of talent on that album.

Dave Gold from Woods of Ypres pointed me in the direction of AYREON.. after purchasing their latest release.. I am utterly floored at the musicianship and giant collaborative effort of everyone involved

stunning epic double disc

I recently got Deicide's The Stench of Redemption (the first Deicide album I've heard thus far), and I thought it was amazing, even after only the first listen.

I recently got Deicide's The Stench of Redemption (the first Deicide album I've heard thus far), and I thought it was amazing, even after only the first listen.

It's a great album! But not their best. Your next move is to acquire the first 3 Deicide albums which while noticeably different from Stench are actually better. Can't wait for the new album in April! DEICIDE FUCK YEAH! :kickass:

Dave Gold from Woods of Ypres pointed me in the direction of AYREON.. after purchasing their latest release.. I am utterly floored at the musicianship and giant collaborative effort of everyone involved

stunning epic double disc

Sounds like you need to get "Into the Electric Castle". Best album ever conceived, bar none.

Warbringer - War Without End
Blotted Science - The Machinations of Dementia
Byzantine - Oblivion Beckons

Deathevokation - Chalice of the Ages

For some reason, this band sounds very European, despite being American. And the vocalist even sounds like he has a European accent, which is very strange.

Same here, it also blew me away. Guitar work is fucking awesome.

I'll try their previous albums, as you guys recommended.

What about Vital Remains? I bought their last one and, after a first spin, it didn't impress me at all.