New JOHN BUSH interview

So am I the only one that thinks it's odd timing that this comes out now given that Scott said there will be big news comming soon? It's all too well timed.

I think that this is just fuel for the confusion factor.

aliasp said:
Reunion bashers is quite simply the lamest site in the history of history. If you don't like it - move on.

Stop clogging up bandwidth with this shite!

Agreed, join that pathetic RBC if you really have nothing better to do! IO mean why the hell be bitter, I have many bands I don't like (anymore) just listen to something else instead.

spacebeer said:
Agreed, join that pathetic RBC if you really have nothing better to do! IO mean why the hell be bitter, I have many bands I don't like (anymore) just listen to something else instead.

Your right fella!

Moving on! Will keep ears peeled for new shit though just incase in makes me:headbang:

ruud has left the building!

Am I bitter? Of course I am. But I'm also passionate about music. Who wouldn't be a little bitter if the line-up that created 3 of their all-time favorite albums ceased to exist?

Justin, you think this is getting old? It's apples and oranges between 1993 and now. In 1993, Joey was fired and it was clear he was not in the band. In 2005, John was "still a part of the Anthrax family", whatever the fuck that means, and it what was happening in the future was never made clear until this interview was posted a few days ago. How is something that is a couple days old "tired"?

Anthrax doesn't owe me anything. I may have loved them, supported them, promoted them, bought all their albums, but you're right, they can do what they want regardless of my opinion or anybody elses. But does that mean I can't have an opinion or voice it? I don't have to agree with everything a band does, and I don't have to like it. I thought this was a forum to discuss the band, not kiss their asses at every opportunity (isn't that what the CDC is for?)

The whole reunion has been handled like shit from the beginning. Whether it's the band's fault, the label's fault, the management's fault, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Not giving us a straight answer right from the beginning opened the door for this mess. How could I "accept it and walk away if I didn't like it" if nobody was prepared to give a straight answer what I was accepting? So yes, I keep coming to this board so I can get some news. So when I hear news that I don't like, I'm supposed to jump on the bandwagon and pretend I like it or shut up and go away? Sorry, most of you that know me know that I'm not shy about voicing an opinion. You don't have to share my opinion, I don't care (anyone want to talk gun control or abortion again? :p )

That being said, one of the things that got me coming to this forum in the first place is a common interest with others: Anthrax, and particularly at the time of my arrival, John Bush-era Anthrax. I've "met" a lot of cool people on this board, and in case you haven't noticed, the majority of the topics posted on this board aren't even about Anthrax anyway. It's been a fun place to come and chat with other metalheads, talk pop culture, find out about other bands, etc.

But things have changed in the past year. The original common interest that I had with everyone else on the board isn't as common any more. There's still a lot of cool people here, but some of the original cool people have been driven away. That's where the RBC comes in. The RBC forum has picked up some of the cool people that got sick of it here. You can call it "gay" or "lame" or whatever you want, but and least its free, as opposed to that other "gay", "lame" CDC chat board. And at least its a place where I can go and chat with people that have a common interest with me: Bush-era Anthrax. I have nothing against Joey or Dan. I didn't mind Joey-era Anthrax, owned most of those albums (which I since completed the collection), but I certainly wasn't a fan at that point. John, in my opinion, is a far superior vocalist, fits with Anthrax's music better, and I think the reunion is a huge step backwards. I never thought Joey sucked, or any Joey-era albums suck. I never thought the original line-up sucked. Frankly, I never gave a shit who the guitarist was (though I always thought Paul Crook got the shaft). Granted, yes, I do think Joey's hair is in serious need of modernization. And I do think that the whole idea of the reunion sucks. But to me those things aren't what the RBC forum are about, it's about people coming together to appreciate an era of music that apparently, they can't talk about anywhere else. We have the same off-topic threads to shoot the shit just like anywhere else, but we also talk about our appreciation of John Bush's talent (Rob's as well), and how they got screwed with this whole reunion bit.

Just because someone like ruud has been out of the loop and just found out about the reunion now, doesn't mean you have to act like a snob towards him when he comes on the board. I remember, not so long ago, when we used to welcome new posters to the forum. Seeing how he didn't get a very warm welcome here, I simply redirected him to a place where he could talk about that sort of stuff.

If everyone here wants me to stop posting, fine, I'll take my leave and not post here again (except the last word thread...damn if I'm going to let Riehlthing steal it from me :D ). At the end of the day its been a cool place to hang out when I'm bored, and its been nice chatting with (most of) you.

[/rant]

nafnikufesin said:
Am I bitter? Of course I am. But I'm also passionate about music. Who wouldn't be a little bitter if the line-up that created 3 of their all-time favorite albums ceased to exist?

Justin, you think this is getting old? It's apples and oranges between 1993 and now. In 1993, Joey was fired and it was clear he was not in the band. In 2005, John was "still a part of the Anthrax family", whatever the fuck that means, and it what was happening in the future was never made clear until this interview was posted a few days ago. How is something that is a couple days old "tired"?

Anthrax doesn't owe me anything. I may have loved them, supported them, promoted them, bought all their albums, but you're right, they can do what they want regardless of my opinion or anybody elses. But does that mean I can't have an opinion or voice it? I don't have to agree with everything a band does, and I don't have to like it. I thought this was a forum to discuss the band, not kiss their asses at every opportunity (isn't that what the CDC is for?)

The whole reunion has been handled like shit from the beginning. Whether it's the band's fault, the label's fault, the management's fault, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Not giving us a straight answer right from the beginning opened the door for this mess. How could I "accept it and walk away if I didn't like it" if nobody was prepared to give a straight answer what I was accepting? So yes, I keep coming to this board so I can get some news. So when I hear news that I don't like, I'm supposed to jump on the bandwagon and pretend I like it or shut up and go away? Sorry, most of you that know me know that I'm not shy about voicing an opinion. You don't have to share my opinion, I don't care (anyone want to talk gun control or abortion again? :p )

That being said, one of the things that got me coming to this forum in the first place is a common interest with others: Anthrax, and particularly at the time of my arrival, John Bush-era Anthrax. I've "met" a lot of cool people on this board, and in case you haven't noticed, the majority of the topics posted on this board aren't even about Anthrax anyway. It's been a fun place to come and chat with other metalheads, talk pop culture, find out about other bands, etc.

But things have changed in the past year. The original common interest that I had with everyone else on the board isn't as common any more. There's still a lot of cool people here, but some of the original cool people have been driven away. That's where the RBC comes in. The RBC forum has picked up some of the cool people that got sick of it here. You can call it "gay" or "lame" or whatever you want, but and least its free, as opposed to that other "gay", "lame" CDC chat board. And at least its a place where I can go and chat with people that have a common interest with me: Bush-era Anthrax. I have nothing against Joey or Dan. I didn't mind Joey-era Anthrax, owned most of those albums (which I since completed the collection), but I certainly wasn't a fan at that point. John, in my opinion, is a far superior vocalist, fits with Anthrax's music better, and I think the reunion is a huge step backwards. I never thought Joey sucked, or any Joey-era albums suck. I never thought the original line-up sucked. Frankly, I never gave a shit who the guitarist was (though I always thought Paul Crook got the shaft). Granted, yes, I do think Joey's hair is in serious need of modernization. And I do think that the whole idea of the reunion sucks. But to me those things aren't what the RBC forum are about, it's about people coming together to appreciate an era of music that apparently, they can't talk about anywhere else. We have the same off-topic threads to shoot the shit just like anywhere else, but we also talk about our appreciation of John Bush's talent (Rob's as well), and how they got screwed with this whole reunion bit.

Just because someone like ruud has been out of the loop and just found out about the reunion now, doesn't mean you have to act like a snob towards him when he comes on the board. I remember, not so long ago, when we used to welcome new posters to the forum. Seeing how he didn't get a very warm welcome here, I simply redirected him to a place where he could talk about that sort of stuff.

If everyone here wants me to stop posting, fine, I'll take my leave and not post here again (except the last word thread...damn if I'm going to let Riehlthing steal it from me :D ). At the end of the day its been a cool place to hang out when I'm bored, and its been nice chatting with (most of) you.

[/rant]

Well said, dude! :headbang:
I share your opinion completely. Same reasons why I´ve joined RBC, but stayed here too, because I still believe that this board is visited by few cool people. :kickass:

A-freakin'-men, NFF. Pretty much summed up my exact thoughts on this reunion, or more specifically, the way it has been handled.

nafnikufesin said:
........If everyone here wants me to stop posting, fine, I'll take my leave and not post here again (except the last word thread...damn if I'm going to let Riehlthing steal it from me :D ). At the end of the day its been a cool place to hang out when I'm bored, and its been nice chatting with (most of) you.

[/rant]
Dude- I don't want you to stop posting. Part of me agrees with everything you have to say {and everything johnnieczech had to say}, and another part of me knows that, well... the music business in America sucks and bands do what they feel they must do...

If you leave, and jpike is gone (thank GOD), than who's gonna give me shit for closing/moderating threads?

Keep posting what you post. :kickass:

Well said my friend.
I agreed completely.
I miss the old time of this board but, a lot of very cool people, old and new, post here. So i like to continue to come here read what those people have to say.
Particularly Spacebeer, he's my favourite Mullet head.

I agree 100% with N.F.F.'s post. I'm a reunion basher. I too don't think Joey or Spitz suck - they're just not my cup of tea.

Come and take a look at RBC - you'll see it's not that bad...

Matt Bello said:
Well said my friend.
I agreed completely.
I miss the old time of this board but, a lot of very cool people, old and new, post here. So i like to continue to come here read what those people have to say.
Particularly Spacebeer, he's my favourite Mullet head.

Hey, I'm still around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could go away so easily. Will someone please fucking ban me.

nafnikufesin said:

[/rant]
You are 100% right.

nafnikufesin said:

[/rant]

Well said, N.F.F.! :kickass:
But watch out, Brentney will probably bann you for this. :heh:

I joined the rbc for 3 reasons:
1.) It's the place where I can talk about my opinion about my favorite band without upsetting people who don't tolerate my opinion and react with friendly words like "go fuck yourself and listen to other music".

2.) When they started banning people for the "wrong" opinion, rbc was the place to talk with these nice guys. In a way it's like NFMB back in 2003.

3.) "In Bush we trust", rbc is sort of a Bush-fan-forum for people who listen to anthrax for years or decades.

4.) It's a way to show the bandmembers that not everyone is pleased with the situation. If there wasn't a rbc, we'd be scattered to the four winds. NFMB changed in a Joey-fanclub for people who can't pay the cdc. Bush would think: Well, not even a year and the fans forgott me. Why come back?

I have no problem with the reunion as a historic phase. But I'm against how they did it and I don't think a new Joey-album would be a success. I'm afraid that it'll kill my favorite band and off course I want to hear new songs the next 30 years :headbang:.

It's the same with Black Sabbath: I loved it when I had the chance to see Ozzy witn Iommy live in the 90 again. I was able to see a show that I missed when I was 2 years old.:saint: But a new record??? Come on! You CAN'T repeat a 70's milestone in the 90s. And for Anthrax: You can't reanimate the Joey-Lineup and think it'll be great like it was in the 80s.

Remember pet cemetery? Exhuming & reanimating dead boddies? They LOOK the same, but their souls change! :zombie:

(And I still have the funny theory that the reunion is a big conspiracy. All the rumours, all the Bush/Joey-Bashing. Everything planned! People talk about Anthrax again. Even guys who ignored them the last 13 years come out of their graves. Even people who never listened to Anthrax talk about it. Gossip makes you popular! Will we have a double album with 2 singers? Something like a supergroup? Or will they call it a day with a great finale? I wouldn't be surpriced. Who knows? In fact, it's all entertainment. Even the discussions and fights about the singers. It's all about a band we all love. And it's fun to see what happens next. Like watching a soccer game. Even if my team loses and I'm angry. I'm shouting during the match, drinking some beer, having fun)

nafnikufesin said:
Am I bitter? Of course I am. But I'm also passionate about music. Who wouldn't be a little bitter if the line-up that created 3 of their all-time favorite albums ceased to exist? ...............
[/rant]
Dude, you are exactly right.
100% Agreed.

I personally think they have made a mess of Anthrax, with many of the comments I've read on this board from “apparent” or “one time fans”.
It looks to me as though they are doing nothing but turning people against them.
I personally remember a time when the mention of Anthrax made me want to bang my head, now I find myself more often shaking my head.
:confused:

I have no problems with how this has been handled having read John and Scotts explanation. I would much prefer a new album/tour with John as im not a huge Joey fan, the guys good but not as good as John.
Maybe they have not been as upfront and honest as we would like but having heard about their problems with their record deal im not surprised they dont want to say anything that would jeapordise their future.
Anyway im happy, Im going to see the Thrax in April and Armored saint in June so I get the best of both worlds.

Jockthrax said:
I have no problems with how this has been handled having read John and Scotts explanation. I would much prefer a new album/tour with John as im not a huge Joey fan, the guys good but not as good as John.
Maybe they have not been as upfront and honest as we would like but having heard about their problems with their record deal im not surprised they dont want to say anything that would jeapordise their future.
Anyway im happy, Im going to see the Thrax in April and Armored saint in June so I get the best of both worlds.
No! It's false! You dont get the best of both worlds because you get Anthrax without their best singer and you get John without is best band.
The best of both worlds for you would be, Anthrax with John and Joey in solo.