New Killswitch Engage Studio Photos

I had a guy bring in a Triple Rec to record with, he didn't seem to know much about the amp or guitars for that matter. I tried several settings and used a TS9, no matter what I did it just sounded horrible, found out later he stole the amp from some old bandmate. Wouldn't surprise me if the tubes were shot. I've heard a single recto my friend had a while back and it was beastly.

Yeah, honestly, there was a shootout a long time ago on this forum which included 421s and e604s and people picked the 604 over the 421 before they knew the results... I love 604s personally...

~006

Okay, and why do you think that, and when did you work there?

They are extraordinarily expensive sure but what do you think is better? A Les Paul? :lol:

Fall of 07 to spring of 08, and to clarify, I left the company because the 2 1/2 hour commute wasn't worth the "cool job" factor anymore. I think they aren't the best because the frets are glued on and fall off with regularity. The carbon composite on the neck will produce warping and twisting over time that cannot be corrected. The piezo bridges are often bad from the factory that makes them, or will go bad with relative ease. Those are just a few reasons, but they are enough to keep me away from them. A better guitar at the same pricepoint? The Washburn Idol series, and they are even built in the same factory. The Washburn Custom Shop stuff regularly matched or exceeded the quality of my Paul Reed Smith, which I hold as a standard. I'm not saying PRS is the be all end all, but I got very lucky with mine where everything fell into place perfectly.

We got more Parkers in for warranty repair then we sent out a day, at least for the time I was there. From what I've heard, things have not improved much.

So there, those are my thoughts. And to reiterate, I didn't sand bodies, I didn't buff finishes. I put the guitars together and set them up. I was the last person to see them before they get the final cleaning and get throw in the case.

And any Gibson would be even lower on my list then a Parker.

A few years ago I tried a dual rec and triple rec side by side at GC. Both were at moderate volume levels (I hate cranking amps at stores) and I didn't use any OD pedals. I didn't spend all day with them and didn't match settings. I just tried to get great tones with both separately. I didn't think either were that great but noticed that they both sounded similar and the dual was definitely better/more metal. If I had used it with an OD maybe I would have got it but decided to go for the krankenstein which I was much happier with and still am for the most part.

I've been seriously considering a Gibson lately leaning more towards a V or maybe an Explorer. I've always wanted them along with a Les Paul and SG.
I got the impression that they were great for metal rhythms (with good pups) so I'm wondering now why are they so bad besides the neck or is that the only reason why you guys don't like them?

Now though, I am totally gasing so hard for the new Amott Dean. I know a lot of you probably hate it but I think its so bad ass, I love it. My current desktop wallpaper:

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_09/Michael_Amott_Tyrant_Bloodstorm_en.htm

:Smug: He plays Parkers live all the time now. They play incredibly well and the Mojos sound awesome. It's nice that a big name metal guitarist was able to get past the unusual looks and start using the best production 6 string you can buy.

I'm hoping this new one is more like Alive or Just Breathing.. but I doubt they could ever make an album that good again.

yeah, i'd shit my self if i had a parker
why does everyone hate them!

e604s. wow!

surprised? they get used on quite a lot of pro records, nothing wrong with them.

about the guitar tone: I'm not to sure if the 5150 us being used as it's not turned on and not stacked up with the amps on the other pics. looks to me they checked it out and decided to use the VM and recto.

the giant red box on the bass amp looks to have a DI funnction, since there are 2 jacks plugged in and there's an XLR coming out too. I'm curious what it is, especially since I've started using a H&K RedBox on bass (for live use) lately.

FWIW, I believe they were just doing drums down there at that time. I think guitars and bass are being recorded at Zing with Adam, and then vocals are being done back in Georgia with Brendan. I'm not sure what you see for gear in those photos is what's going to be used in the end, as far as guitars are concerned.

The mic on the charly looks like a rode NT5 if I'm not wrong......

NT5's have two striped holes on the side, those have three. My guess is AKG C451

154672.jpg

rode_nt5.jpg

L6WcP1tBZ8GENiL-XH0h2fU07s0AUGX1IkOjIgXtDjs4P8wY9SjYQQwlyxrrK_8M.jpg

i have owned both the dual and triple rec, and used them in a LIVE setting, not under a mic, but the triple had waaaay more low end, and metaltastic can probably vouch that the dual already has enough low end!!!
basically, a 150 watt amp has more headroom. we know that means more dynamics, less breakup.

I prefer the dual, because I feel it is the perfect mix of break up and headroom for the tone I like. Devin T. agrees with me !

i`m also very interested to hear the drums! not sure how it will turn out, but it is a fairly minimal setup, and the hats and ride are close mic`ed, so I guess an xy mic technique could work!!!!!

Yeah, I've never compared a triple to a dual, but I can say the Dual can get so painfully loud to the point of being laughable, and it's the amp that pretty much defines bass (except maybe the Uberschall, though I've never played one). IMO the Triple is 100% unnecessary! (have fun with that bill when you have to replace 6 power tubes :erk: )

Oh wait, this thread isn't about Rectifiers - I'll check out the new KSE, I guess, if nothing else for the production! :D