new Maiden album reviewed = 5 stars

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
This album has leaked for those with eye patches and parrots on their shoulders. ;)

uglypirat.gif
YAAARGGH!!!!!

Okey I couldn´t wait.
This is great album.:kickass:
But i´m going to get the real one when its come.
Just for the great cover.

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF EDDIE...

I am hearing the whole album in it's entirety

(speechless)

(faints)

I will definately be posting my thoughts on this one soon... what a terrific album this is! :worship:

I've heard it twice now and I'm really impressed. This sounds alot like Maiden of old, but it's a nice mix of more modern Maiden, the mid-tempo 90s albums, and the Piece of Mind/Powerslave era. Excellent production on this, sounds great on my truck stereo. I'm fixing to go back out in a little while and listen to it a couple more times.

My initial impression gives this sure top-10 listings for 2006, and if it has staying power it might make the top-5.

Like Pabla said....

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF EDDIE...

sixxswine said:
I guess TSO just gave me one....
Yeah, and I'm riding in the same wagon as those who think Maiden really hasn't done anything great since Seventh Son. There's something about this album that sounds inspired to me. Great melodies, great music, great production. I'll be snagging the official copy when it comes out here in the U.S. :headbang:

Downloading right now. I give my impressions later.

The album is not bad. Music is well crafted, the solos are in many instances very good, the Maiden sound is there, melody and harmony are worked intelligently and definitively is not one of those noisy mallcore albums out there.

So do I like it?

No. Is just not for me, this is not the Iron Maiden I sign for back in 1984, I can listen to "Killers", "Powerslave" or even "Brave New World" time and again and never get bored, but this one couldn't grab my interest not even in the first complete listening...and we are talking Iron Maiden here, a band that supposedly should be bought blindly and caught you at first sting :cry:

Hope you all enjoy it a lot and feel good about the album :kickass:

I won't refer to this topic anymore on this forum

Peace to all :wave:

NP: Leather Nun - 'Inner Sanctum'

I love this album.

edit: Well, ok, let's tone it down and just say it's a pretty good album. Highlights atm are The Longest Day, These Colours Don't Run and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns. I wouldn't say there's any weak songs, but the opener Different World doesn't really fit in with the rest.

This is the most Bruce solo -sounding Maiden album yet, Out Of The Shadows could be a Chemical Wedding outtake for all we know. The overall tone of AMOLAD is pretty heavy (for Maiden at least), dark and serious, which IMO some tracks on DOD already had hints towards and the acoustic intros are once again plentiful. Of course to some people this simply translates to "boring", which is understandable, but I dig it.

The production is better than on the previous Shirley records, I guess Steve's decision not to master it was the right one. Bruce's high notes sound pretty strained nowadays, as we all know. In all honesty, many songs would've benefited from more "down to earth" vocal lines but if you had no issues with Bruce on DOD or Tyranny, you shouldn't have now either.

It doesn't sound like 80s Maiden, but it's the best effort by the reunited lineup. Solid from start to finish.

The limited edition comes with a ~45min dvd including 30mins of studio diary material and interviews, the Benjamin Breeg video, "studio performance video" of Different World and a photo gallery. The cd is in a normal jewelcase inside a cardboard slipcase of sort, unfortunately I don't have a digital camera... You're not missing anything essential by getting the standard version but I just like limited editions. :D