Iron Maiden Albums

bagdad

Nov 26, 2006
I needs yer helps!

I currently have their self-titled album, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Piece of Mind and A Matter of Life and Death. What other Maiden Albums are worth picking up? Or should I just slowly collect them all?

I needs yer helps!

I currently have their self-titled album, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Piece of Mind and A Matter of Life and Death. What other Maiden Albums are worth picking up? Or should I just slowly collect them all?
Most would agree that you better get Killers, Somewhere in Time & Seventh Son as soon as can.

Brave New World was regarded by many but not Wyvern :p as a great comeback with Bruce Dickinson. Dance of Death was ok, the Blaze period is forgetable.
Happy Hunting:kickass:

I needs yer helps!

Essential Maiden

Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Killers, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are the ones you should be looking for next. Those are actually my top3 Maiden albums.:worship:

Brave New World and Dance of Death are well worth buying if you enjoyed the new album, a bit more long-winded than the classic stuff but good. During No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark the band was in dire straits but they're ok, FotD being the better one of those.

The Blaze albums (The X Factor, Virtual XI) are indeed the weakest, some bright moments there but you'll do just fine by getting these two last.

Live After Death is a classic live album and absolutely belongs in every metalhead's collection. There are bootleg dvd's of that concert for sale but pass those, there's an official dvd coming next year (I think). Rock in Rio is a good live cd/dvd too, this is after the reunion with Bruce in 2000.

Well, everything that I was going to say was basically said already. Happy hunting! :kickass:

I needs yer helps!

You already have AMOLAD which to me is skippable so basically for Maiden you should have IMO:

1. "Piece Of Mind"
  2. "Killers"
  3. "Powerslave"
  4. "Number Of The Beast"
  5. "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son"
  6. "Somewhere In Time"
  7. "Iron Maiden"
  8. "Fear Of The Dark"
  9. "No Prayer For The Dying"

Maybe "Brave New World", skip all the rest.

NP: Вольная Стая - 'Русская рулетка'

Well, I place the Iron Maiden albums in this order. :p

1. Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
2. The Number of the Beast
3. Somewhere In Time
4. Powerslave
5. Killers
6. Piece of Mind
7. Iron Maiden
8. Fear of the Dark
9. No Prayer for the Dying
10. X Factor
11. A Matter of Life And Death
12. Brave New World
13. Dance of Death
14. Virtual XI

Everything from their debut to Seventh Son is worth getting.. anything after Seventh Son is :puke: and not worth the price of what CD's are nowadays to get... Live After Death is my favorite though of the ones i mentioned...

Thanks alot everyone. Now I know what else I should get and what I should avoid.

bagdad, just remember what YOU like is what YOU like. Just because Wyvern doesn't like AMOLAD means nothing as I LUV IT! Same with Unfaithfuls opinion, they are what they are opinions and as you can read we all have differant ones.

Let's not get carried away....
I think this list has been mentioned
Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
This is all you need, though I would also recommend X Factor.....

Seventh Son, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave & Number Of The Beast are personal favorites but I think X Factor is actually a great album too though some IM fans won't even give it a listen.