New March Hare song (vote which singer you like)

Vote which version you like better

• Lost at Sea (Matt Jones)

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Lost at Sea (Jake Fritz)

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Ok, both singers, Matt and Jake did their own versions of this song so I want to know from you guys which one you think is better. They are completely different and while I love Jake's voice, I think I like Matt's version better.

Neither versions are done, just first drafts, so they are both flawed in different ways. Amen.

Lost at Sea (Matt Jones)

Lost at Sea (Jake Fritz)

Matt J reworked his version and I think it sounds much better. He added a lot more power during the bridge and it flows much better. I spent a little more time on the FX stuff, too.

Clcik here's for Matt's 2nd version

Both rocks :lol: but i like Matt`s better , maybe cuz is a little more straight forward and consistent .Great tune , i listened like 8 times in a row.

Both are great but I like Matt the best. The melody and his voice blend perfect with this song. Jake's version is great as well but to me more the nu metal style. Can't wait for a cd!!

i really like the song, the drumming is very deftones-esque. Kinda "be quiet and drive". Matt's performance is very good; he's laid back, in the pocket, tasteful, and smooth, i like his melody choices. Jake has alittle more power in his voice, He's got a more "rock" voice. I slightly prefer Matt to jake. My solution would be to combine the two vocalists in some way. I think if they harmonized, or worked together, it would be great. Or maybe one could do the majority of the song, and the other could do a verse, or could only do choruses or something.

i like matt more.

Im pretty much your biggest fan :)

I like Jakes version. As said before, its a more emotional performance which I liked.

I do feel like Matt's sat in the track better, and sounded more "in the track" but think thats more of a mix thing.

both guys are top notch though...love both performances

LOL its 50/50 so far

too funny....

both guys are great

Matt has a better voice and better suited for the music.

At first listening I thought "yep, that's it..."

The problem is that he kept his voice in the same type of singing. very relaxed. There were times the song was begging for more attitude.

If he could do more experimentation like the other singer did It would be perfect.

If you have both why not have one do main lines and the other other parts?

Hilliard essential was my favorite of your "instrumental" songs, glad to hear it with vocals at last.

Well...seems like you have a really tough choice, I wish I had two great singers to choose from too...:).
Personally I really can't say I like a version 100% more than the other. I definitely like Jake's voice better. For the vocal melody I would go with Matt's with a little of Jake's thrown in :p. Whichever vocal melody you choose it should be sung by Jake though IMHO.

So what's the deal here? Wasn't Jake the singer of the band who did all the previous songs you've posted here? Are you thinking of changing singers?

Man, this one's a toughie. I'd say most bands are hard pressed to come up with one good vocalist, and here you have two top-notch dudes to choose from! I really like the way Matt's performance sounds laid back; seems to kind of float along with the song. However, I like the melodies Jake chose a LOT better, and he brings an intensity to some parts that I hadn't heard from him yet. I love the way Matt sings "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince", and it would be awesome if he brought that fire to the more intense parts of the song. He comes close during the bridge, but falls just a tad short, in my opinion. If it were up to me, I'd have Jake taking lead vocals, with Matt doing harmonies in some parts, such as the bridge, semi-screamed (kind of like in the other song I mentioned). I also like Matt's spoken word part a lot at the point in the song where everything drops out except the clean guitar... the song sounds kind of bare at that point in Jake's version, and I don't feel like the singing quite fits.

I think Matt's style and melodies would best complement "Clouds at 4:00", "[Another Song With No Name]", "[Yet Another One With No Name]", "Metis", "Morningrise", "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince", and although I love Jake's performance, I'd be interested to hear him take a crack at "Strange" (with or without Jake's melody). All the rest, I feel like Jake would fit in best.

So what's the deal here? Wasn't Jake the singer of the band who did all the previous songs you've posted here? Are you thinking of changing singers?

Nope! Both Jake and Matt are original members of March Hare. Jake plays bass, Matt plays guitar, and they both sang different songs when we used to play live way back in the day.

I would say the both are a toss up…. Maybe get Matt sing a bit more aggressive at times…… but I guess which one is going to be most available to you to track all your tunes with… then go with that one!:headbang::lol:

Chaz

I love both versions of the song. Jake has such a commanding voice. It gives me chills everytime to hear him on any of his projects. But being the self serving egostistical douche that I am. I had to vote for myself.....Cheers, Splat88! You are the baddest MFK I know. Say hi to Mrs. MFK!