New Mastodon...

other than gojira, the best band to come out in the 2000s.

I've been a fan since Remission, and yeah, the major label backlash is in full effect.

lol @ Brann no being one of the top 5 newer metal drums out now. Dude is a beast. One of the most energetic and natural players out right now, no one sounds like him.

couldn't resist checking out this new stuff and it's awesome. Sounds like King Crimson jamming with the Blizzard of Ozz-era Ozzy.

Sure they have a lot of new, young fans, but I don't see how any OG metalhead can not like them, they have tons of thrash, stoner, some Melvins, huge chunks of prog, and they blend all of that pretty fucking perfectly.

<3

also best drumset ever.

Brann_Dailor.jpg

I've been following Mastodon pretty closely since I saw them at Ozzfest '05. I was like "Woa... who the hell are they and why are my walls not littered with their posters yet?"

Fast forward three years, I see them for the second time at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY, one of their Mayhem off-dates with Machine Head. I'm right up front and get my nose broke from some dick from the pit kicking me in the back, sending my nose into the rail. I was bleeding pretty bad and Troy handed me a bottle of water and a t-shirt to clean my face in the middle of Hearts Alive. I then got to hang out with Troy and Brann after the show and they gave me signed drum sticks, some picture opportunities, and a Jack & Coke. I idolized them as musicians for three years prior to that day, and now I idolize them as people in general. They are all incredibly cool, level-headed guys. Sure, Brent can be a dick when he's drunk, but he warmed up to me when he saw my "Toca Boll" shirt.

I thoroughly enjoyed all their albums, and personally thought Blood Mountain was a tremendous, over-stuffed bag of AWESOME. The guitars are insane, the drums are RIDICULOUS, and the lyrics are sick. If Crack the Skye is ANYWHERE near as good as their previous albums, I'll be psyched. I can't wait to hear the new CD. Already heard Divinations and nearly creamed myself.

other than gojira, the best band to come out in the 2000s.
This proves it, you're musically dense!

:lol: I like this song, it's new to me so stfu sorry I'm not up on the negro beats.

I've been following Mastodon pretty closely since I saw them at Ozzfest '05. I was like "Woa... who the hell are they and why are my walls not littered with their posters yet?"
I know you probably didn't realize that this sounds really faggoty.

Fast forward three years, I see them for the second time at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY, one of their Mayhem off-dates with Machine Head. I'm right up front and get my nose broke from some dick from the pit kicking me in the back, sending my nose into the rail. I was bleeding pretty bad and Troy handed me a bottle of water and a t-shirt to clean my face in the middle of Hearts Alive. I then got to hang out with Troy and Brann after the show and they gave me signed drum sticks, some picture opportunities, and a Jack & Coke. I idolized them as musicians for three years prior to that day, and now I idolize them as people in general. They are all incredibly cool, level-headed guys. Sure, Brent can be a dick when he's drunk, but he warmed up to me when he saw my "Toca Boll" shirt.
And this.

I thoroughly enjoyed all their albums, and personally thought Blood Mountain was a tremendous, over-stuffed bag of AWESOME. The guitars are insane, the drums are RIDICULOUS, and the lyrics are sick. If Crack the Skye is ANYWHERE near as good as their previous albums, I'll be psyched. I can't wait to hear the new CD. Already heard Divinations and nearly creamed myself.
Well... you get the picture!

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY! WAIT A MINUTE HERE! YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE?.... WELL FUCK YOU BUDDY.

lol Joe what are you trying to prove? Whatever it is, you're failing :lol:

or wait are you just joking around? Oh, ok then.

Joe, you're not exactly a shining example of hetero yourself.

Examples.

so your anti-mastodon/gojira argument is eminem? there arent enough :lol: in the world to illustrate what a joke you are.
I have no beef against Gojira, I just don't listen to them (as much as I maybe should). I hated them when I saw them live two nights in a row though, but maybe because the bass was punching through my dickhole straight into my head. I can't say I like Mastodon though. Nope, no-sir-ee-bob!

HEY! WAIT A MINUTE HERE! YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE?.... WELL FUCK YOU BUDDY.

Exactly :lol:

Are you implying that I have bad grammar due to the fact that I forgot to include a word in that post? And beyond that, are you fucking laughing at me?

Nothing offensive, just some shit you leave a word out and it sounds funny as fuck :lol:

Don't worry dude... he has a girlfriend.

Don't worry dude... we know you have a boyfriend. You are safe here you can come out shhhhhh, don't cry!