New Meshuggah track online!

The ridiculous low mids are making it sound like my headphones are glowing everytime they chug a note, lol.

as a fucking HUGE mesh fan, I've grown to LOVE this... Jens is killing it and the drums are definitely a breath of fresh air. I think the SNR is fucking AWESOME... sounds super raw and agressive, same with the toms, just as it should be!

I'm growing SO FUCKING TIRED of the typical metal production these days....

Song is a bit long, droney and can get boring I agree, but the more I listen to it the more I fucking dig it. Still STOKED AS FUCK for this release...!

+1 man. The main thing that popped out immediately, to me, was that the drums sound better than the last 400 releases they have put out. Hard to fuck drums up with Jens behind the wheel though ;) Not to say everything else sucks, the guitars sound better than they have in a looong time as well, IMO.

+1 man. The main thing that popped out immediately, to me, was that the drums sound better than the last 400 releases they have put out. Hard to fuck drums up with Jens behind the wheel though ;) Not to say everything else sucks, the guitars sound better than they have in a looong time as well, IMO.

My sentiments EXACTLY. For the life of me I can't understand how people could rag on the drum sound. We're actually getting to HEAR HAAKE this time....no programmed bullshit (at least so it sounds).

Fucking MENTAL.

=D

and just to clarify, who is behind the recording/mixing/mastering of this album? I thought Bergstrand was involved somehow but I could be mistaken. Can't find much info....!

Well it wasnt private yesterday. The same video keeps getting erased from youtube since 2 or 3 days ago.The samples came from the uk itunes store btw, 1:30 of each song.

Pretty underwhelmed with all the clips we've heard so far. Unlikely that I'll be taken with this album. Just seems like an overall step down, musically, after obZen. Had high hopes for this one too :(

Pretty underwhelmed with all the clips we've heard so far. Unlikely that I'll be taken with this album. Just seems like an overall step down, musically, after obZen. Had high hopes for this one too :(

Or they could just be trolling us by releasing underwhelming clips, when in-fact the real full album will blow our balls off. We'll see tho :popcorn:

I got the album yesterday and ... well ... I am a bit disappointed. There are a few cool tracks but most of them just bore me :(
Or have my expectation just been too high?
The sound is also ... mh ... better than Obzen, but the drums sound really pappy and that snare reminds me sometimes a bit of St. Anger :D

It's an average album imho. Not that bad, but nothing really special. I miss that extreme cranked polyrhythmic stuff.

You can stream the entire album online from Nuclear Blast's soundcloud page. I think its pretty good. So far I like it more than Obzen.