New Meshuggah Album Koloss Artwork & Track Listing

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Meshuggah-Koloss.jpg

399432_10150530889546170_7791476169_8825500_1914500479_n.jpg

The 3-D artwork for MESHUGGAH’s eighth studio album, KOLOSS, is named ‘Gateman’ and was created by Luminokaya.com who spent nine months developing the piece.

“The artwork,” states MESHUGGAH drummer Tomas Haake, “speaks for itself.”

KOLOSS is scheduled for European release on March 23rd and in North America on March 27, 2012 via Nuclear Blast Records.

The track listing for the jewel-case version is as follows:

01 – I Am Colossus
02 – The Demon’s Name Is Surveillance
03 – Do Not Look Down
04 – Behind The Sun
05 – The Hurt That Finds You First
06 – Marrow
07 – Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion
08 – Swarm
09 – Demiurge
10 – The Last Vigil

The North American deluxe digi-pak version of KOLOSS will include a bonus DVD.

Damn, the psychedelic artwork is awesome and the song titles seem interesting.

Terrible artwork? what? I think it's awesome. Reminds me of the animation at the end of the movie Blueberry aka Renegade.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it's actually 3D or just a hologram like the hologram Nothing cover. I think it's a hologram that looks 3D and changes images depending on the angle you look at it from.

I reckoned it would be 3D'd like the cover of The Devils Double (just stuck in me head from the video shop the other day)

I hope it looks better in reality, but at least on my screen, I am not digging it at all.
But there's a good chance that it may look way better in 3d.

What's up with Meshuggah and poorly done digital artwork, actually come to think of it, all of them except Nothing and Catch 33 look completely fucking amateur.
I can't be the only one who thinks that?

What's up with Meshuggah and poorly done digital artwork, actually come to think of it, all of them except Nothing and Catch 33 look completely fucking amateur.
I can't be the only one who thinks that?

I think this looks better than the artwork for the majority of albums by every metalcore, melodeath, and deathcore band regularly talked about on this forum. Most of them are cheesy and cliche..... skulls, skeletons, and unreadable logos...

If you think this is amateur looking, I'd like to see what you consider to be good, professional psychedelic album art.

An example:
777sects.jpg

I agree most metalcore, melodeath and deathcore bands have terrible artwork.
It just doesn't look like it's a cover for a band of Meshuggah's popularity.

Saw it earlier this week, can'twait for the album to drop.
About the artwork. This is amazing, wow! So sick of every death / emo core artworks.
Meshuggah has their own style, obZen was a bit different, but this one is just amazing!