New Metallica album tracklisting

suwat666

Byah!
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago-Suburbs
www.last.fm
METALLICA has revealed the official track listing (in the final running order) for its new album, "Death Magnetic". It is as follows:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

"The Unforgiven III"? COME THE FUCK ON! Can it be any worse than the 2nd version?

"The Unforgiven III"? COME THE FUCK ON! Can it be any worse than the 2nd version?

Exactly my reaction, too. Not that I'm at all interested in the band, but the thought that perhaps twenty years from now they'll be making "The Unforgiven XVII" just makes me laugh. :lol:

-Villain ("The Forgiven One")

07. The Unforgiven III

The only thing I'm looking forward to on this record :)

It's just a song title so far, can't you just wait and see [hear] if it's going to sound like the other two? It could be a new Master of Puppets (the song)... most likely not, but it's awesome to see an amazingly amusing and so expected reaction :lol:

I am looking forward to the album. Not more and not less.

The only thing I'm looking forward to on this record :)

:

me too. After St Anger and the song they played a whiel ago called "the new song" , i am not expecting something good from Metallica. The lyrics from "the new song" were even worse than the music :puke:

07. The Unforgiven III

i like the first two 'Unforgivens's but this one is not gonna be as good 'cause it's not the 4th song on the track list :loco:

i also have no expectations from Metallica anymore, but if this Death Magnetic happens to be full of songs like No Leaf Clover or Minus Human, or maybe I Disappear, then i will probably like it.

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

Screw The Unforgiven part one bazillion: it's the other titles that really make the release a product ready for 2008's metalcore industry. There might be some residual sincerity in #1 and #4, but the others look so obviously lab-made it's not even funny. It reads like the inbred child of some post-emo band (newer AFI) and some retro-metal act (Judas Priest?).

Not that anyone should judge a record by its track list, of course. Unfortunately, some are just so repetitive you can't help wondering whether you're ever going to be able to really really love a song called "black [noun]", no matter the quality. In this case the attempts at irony are incredibly stale, and oddly interchangeable with In Flames' latest effort.

Edit: Also, fuck ten tracks in a release after a million years since their previous abortion. All the songs are going to be 7+ minutes long just to reach the fabled 70+ minutes needed to make it Their Big Fat Beefy Record.

It sounds like the setlists of the new In Flames and Children of Bodom releases went to war and these are the survivors..

I don't think this could be any worse than St. Anger, so it has that bonus.
I will check it out in any case.

Rolling Stones magazine had some early copy and compared it to Master
Of Puppets, AFAIR, in style, so maybe there is hope yet.

EDIT: At least they went back to the old logo after that shit that was on
Load and Re-load.

^^If Metallica is now covering Arch Enemy songs and picking the songs with bits of Doom Metal in it now i have seen everything.

Metallica is like In Flames to me : they do not do good music anymore, but I cannot really get away from the feeling I hope the next release will surprise me. So I am looking foward it :)

Can't be any worse than the last three albums, really, can it? The Unforgiven II's title at least kinda made sense in conjunction with the lyrics - "cause you're unforgiven too" - whilst this one will not. Oh well, I don't care, if it's a good song its' name is irrelevant.

The Unforgiven II's title at least kinda made sense in conjunction with the lyrics - "cause you're unforgiven too" - whilst this one will not.
Well, it could always say in the lyrics "cause you're unforgiven three". :rolleyes: