new mix challenge ???

could anyone hear my clip please? i mean at least cause i start this topic...

It's quite difficult to not loose track here... Everyone is posting multiple versions of his mix etc.

It would be cool if anyone could name his files in a more organised way, for example:

septic_Brandy-01_151206 --> septic_Brandy-04_181206

or something like that. It would be nice to have 44.1 files because that is the sr wich is used by consumers. I have a external masterclock - it sounds funny to listen to a 48khz track when clocked to 44.1. Some tracks are sounding much better ;-)

I have to listen in WL with a resampler plugin in the master slot if i don't want to convert the files manualy.

brandy

Felipe,

i just listened to your mix (septic ashes - felipe-x)

Nice ballance! I like the overall sound, your could be a little more offensive with upper mids/high end. The mix sounds muffeled in some way. Could be fixed in a mastering cause it is ballanced. (nothing sticks out too much, so ya can boooost it)

You should bring up the Overheads a few DB! The ride/hat tracks are too loud compared to the OHs, so you can hear the edits. I mean: If the ride-passage ends, you can hear that the ride-track is cutted/is disappearing. Same for hats. Esp when you boost some top end.

Shure that you only used a kick-sample? Snare and toms are real?!

brandy

cheers everybody, thanks for the kind positive words!

anyways, here's a mixdown of the bass solo'd PRE limiting:

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

There's a little more high-end schmotz than I would normally let through. I bypassed the distortion plug (Fuzz Plus) I had on the bass so that you could really hear what the Ampeg SVX sounded like summed with Ronnie's GR2 track.

The fuzz plug made the bass a bit darker and it blended better with the guitars, but this wouldn't be needed in every case...

Charlie

thanks Charlie, that sounds nice. is the Fuzz plug a separate plug or part of the SVX

I'm still not sure what I'm listening too. is the clip just the SVX mixed with the Bsss DI?

the cost of the SVX is holding me back. I've been debating this plug for some time.

thanks Charlie, that sounds nice. is the Fuzz plug a separate plug or part of the SVX

I'm still not sure what I'm listening too. is the clip just the SVX mixed with the Bsss DI?

the cost of the SVX is holding me back. I've been debating this plug for some time.

It's a seperate free plug by AudioDamage.

And yes, the clip is the SVX mixed with Ronnie's supplied 'dirtier' bass track.

As far as the price, it is up there BUT, it's my favorite Bass VST for sure. Guitar Rig or anything else doesn't come close IMO. Then again, I've always really liked the SVT sound so I'm kind of biased, haha.

@ Felipe,

listen to:

if you want. Double-mp3-ized so probably a little fucked up but it turns out very nice just with a touch of a Pultec Pro EQ.

brandy

hi, thnks for the opinions , well everything is real except the kick on the
still rise mix,

on septic ashes everything is triggered and septic ashes is not mastered as well, now i own t-racks 24 , so i use that for stillrise to master the wav , but i think on stillrise i could bring the snare more looud and the kick more powerfull
i will do that today

im downloading the file now to check it out

There's a little more high-end schmotz than I would normally let through. I bypassed the distortion plug (Fuzz Plus) I had on the bass so that you could really hear what the Ampeg SVX sounded like summed with Ronnie's GR2 track.

The fuzz plug made the bass a bit darker and it blended better with the guitars, but this wouldn't be needed in every case...

Charlie

Sounds great! Lots of crunsh!

I just recorded the real deal SVT2 Pro yesterday. I dialed a much cleaner sound. It was difficult to not clip the input. Well, and that beast in a big flightcase was nearly impossible to carry up the stairs...

I will get the Plugin ASAP ;-)

Okay, I just pulled the trigger on the SVX plugin. found a retail version for less than $250

kp-

Charlie