new mix challenge ???

Ahhh, dude! You've GOT to get the Ampeg SVX plug! I love it for DI tracks, it really, REALLY sounds like an SVT rig. You can't get a ton of grit from it but it sounds huuggggeee! I used it on my mix blended w/Ronnie's distorted sound.

What's also really cool is that it was mix AND phase controls so that you can blend the SVT signal with the DI signal all within the plug.
any chance of posting yours again?

looks like your link has expired or I've missed another posting. I'd like to hear the bass. I've considered the SVT plugin, but it's just a bit pricey.

Thanks kaomao and Mood Bender.
I just moved my control/bed room to a new place so I feel a little insecure about my mixing ability at the moment. It makes a huge difference (for better or worst... better It seems). I moved my speakers about ten times in a few days. The good news is that I can't hear any obvious standing waves but I still need to get used to the new tonal balance.

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

my mix, i'm pretty happy with it. no samples used.

I like the "no samples" approach! It has so much more carisma. And that song has well-tracked drums. I realy like your mix! Has the "good-ol-vibe" of old-school deathmetal.

My fave mix so far!

What's up with the top-end? (Cymbals mainly but guitars as well) First i thought that you made a 96kbit mp3 because the top end sounds mp3-ised as hell, but it seems to be a 320kbit mp3.

BTW: It is "strange" to listen to a mix without vox. Not that i don't like instrumental music, but that song is obviously written to feature some vox. There is just a hole in the song.

brandy

What's up with the top-end? (Cymbals mainly but guitars as well) First i thought that you made a 96kbit mp3 because the top end sounds mp3-ised as hell, but it seems to be a 320kbit mp3.

i think that has to do with the fact that i approached it like i was smashing a room mic, or doing some paralell compression. What i did was make a mix of the drums that i liked, then i smased it really really hard. Next, i took the original sounds and mix them with the smashed one, so that i wasn't compressing the original sounds, or adding reverb. All of that is taken care of by the smashed version. i agree about the high ends being alittle dirty sounding though. i seem to be having trouble getting my high end to translate, seeing as i don't have monitors. Thanks.

edit: here's my new version i like it more, it sounds fuller and rounder. MY first one was kindof an older lamb of god sound. YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

Ahhh, dude! You've GOT to get the Ampeg SVX plug! I love it for DI tracks, it really, REALLY sounds like an SVT rig. You can't get a ton of grit from it but it sounds huuggggeee! I used it on my mix blended w/Ronnie's distorted sound.

What's also really cool is that it was mix AND phase controls so that you can blend the SVT signal with the DI signal all within the plug.

can you post a short clip of the bass?