new mix challenge ???

Eddy uploaded the stillrise comps, i've just downloaded it and i'm checking everything works/isn't corrupted before i go and psot the link!

Not doubting Eddy in the slightest, just the folder is 1.25GB so no use 20folk downloaidng 25gb of brokenfiles!

Just unzipped the Septic files today - i like it! Cool stuff! I absolutly love the MD421 Guitartracks, they are great.

After 20seconds or so there is a drumedit-mistake, a "flam" caused by a bad edit. But should be no prob to fix that.

Is that a common practise to strip-silence at the Hihat, Ride and chinatracks? I never did that bevore. I am afraid that the image "moves" when for example the ride comes in.

When will the vox be availeble?

brandy

I found the stripped silence was cool. I hate the ambience that hat/china/ride mics add to the drums. I much prefer room mics for that purpose. I didn't find any audible issues with image moving when they kicked in, however I would have liked some clearer imaging on the OHs themselves. It's almost like you need the close mic tracks to define where the ride and hats are coming from. Hats in particular sound centered in the OHs when I listen to it here.

I second the request for vox and leads! Should be great. Had a ball mixing this track.

I've been sort of listening over to mine over the last few days and I dislike it the more I hear it. There's some mids in there that need to be gone. It's that eternal balance of low mids... too little and your mix sounds small, too much and it sounds boxy and dead. Also a lack of low-end... can't seem to find a way to get any more low-end into it without sacrificing clarity (and causing the Timeworks to shit itself with clipping).

+1. I know I'm not great (yet), but there's just lots of things that are hard to get sitting right in this track. I think it's because alot of lowend/ lowmids are already there, and it feels like a shame to get rid of it, so it's easy to overdo it, especially with the bass (which was awsomely recorded IMO).

I found the stripped silence was cool. I hate the ambience that hat/china/ride mics add to the drums.

interesting! I never thought about that. I often use Ride/Hat tracks to "pimp" the overal stereo image of the drums. I once was able to bring out a poorly recorded floortom with the ride mic track ;-)

II would have liked some clearer imaging on the OHs themselves. It's almost like you need the close mic tracks to define where the ride and hats are coming from. Hats in particular sound centered in the OHs when I listen to it here.

LOL, that was exactly my problem yesterday evening as i spend a minute to import the tracks and while putting it on the faders for a quick listen. I was not able to define on wich side the hats are. Same for Ride. Seems that we should put them to our individual favorite position, haha!
Toms are well defined though...

Man, the guitars are sounding pretty good!

The snare though just sounds like a blast of air... The original snare sound was pretty bad though to be fair!

Ronnie, i want more septic ashes!