new mix (new song)

Yeah dude its Slamming great job....It must just be the singer's voice but yeah i think it's missing a little top end there.....but it doesn't break it but no means

So then you are using autotune....to tune the bass after recording. If so can you give a few tips doing that in autotune. do you choose bass intsrument for input type? Reason i ask is I thought you said something about only using melodyne

well i can't use melodyne now that i know about the timing issue

just put it bass input type
and set the retune speed to 0 (and dont give me shit about anyone wanting to hear the natural rise or fall of the recorded intonation of the bass, thats bull shit!)

well i can't use melodyne now that i know about the timing issue

just put it bass input type
and set the retune speed to 0 (and dont give me shit about anyone wanting to hear the natural rise or fall of the recorded intonation of the bass, thats bull shit!)

i agree with you on the bass tunning :).

what's this about a melodyne timing issue?

great as always!!! you really rock dude!

and i have question, you sad that you use OZONE on master, you mix with it from the beginning? How much compression is on master, what ratio etc, you know

i agree with you on the bass tunning :).

what's this about a melodyne timing issue?

there's a known issue with the plugin, it doesnt sync to the audio you input to it
it gradually knocks it off time as it reads the audio into it

everything from clicking on the mouse, screen auto scrolling, and other background services cause it to "delay" as it records the input

there's nothing you can do to make it absolutely sample accurate

What the hell Slate kick is this?? It's so beefy!!!

ps. I'm a huge fan of your clean vocal sounds! don't take any crap about it.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would buy it immediately!!!!!

just one thing that bothers me: the ADTR vocals dont sound like a day to remember. they must be louder and need a little more bottom.

And the vox of the main singer could be just a little bit more direct (less verb?)

But this sounds amazing!!!!this are just some small points, no big deal,
I think I´m gonna buy the record

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would buy it immediately!!!!!

just one thing that bothers me: the ADTR vocals dont sound like a day to remember. they must be louder and need a little more bottom.

And the vox of the main singer could be just a little bit more direct (less verb?)

But this sounds amazing!!!!this are just some small points, no big deal,
I think I´m gonna buy the record

already took care of these things you mentioned
im on like the 4th mix of the song. its sounding pretty gnarly!

Sounds sick :kickass:

Hey Joey, do you keep listening to references while mixing or are you just concentrating on what sounds good to you?

oh thats bad luck for "for the fallen dreams" the singer from adtr has a amazing voice, but under this circumstances you did the best I think:)

But the overall mix sounds unbelievable!!!this one feels more 3D then your other mixes

i reference a little, why?
I was just curious, because of what Andy said (that unlike Collin Richardson who constantly A/Bs mixes he just knows how he wants things to sound and compares new mixes to some of his previous ones). I'd like to mix without constantly referencing but I always end up comparing my mix to others and probably even compromising their quality because of trying to make things sound like something they are not. I guess there's no absolute truth when it comes to referencing vs. doing your own thing - both Andy and Collin's mixes sound awesome (yours too).

Sorry for the OT.

I was just curious, because of what Andy said (that unlike Collin Richardson who constantly A/Bs mixes he just knows how he wants things to sound and compares new mixes to some of his previous ones). I'd like to mix without constantly referencing but I always end up comparing my mix to others and probably even compromising their quality because of trying to make things sound like something they are not. I guess there's no absolute truth when it comes to referencing vs. doing your own thing - both Andy and Collin's mixes sound awesome (yours too).

Sorry for the OT.

i have a list of records that i refer to, i dont really stray from it
i listen for tone alone

i dont a/b a lot, just once or twice every milestone

Makes sense, thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll try doing my thing, but it doesn't work out when bands go to some studio, record some mediocre sounding tracks and tell you what band they want you to make them sound like.

Sounds awesome, Joey!

I really dig the mixes you have done so far.

The bass sound is really good in this mix. It cuts through well, which I like :)

There is something about the main singer's vocals that I don't like. They don't sound "in your face" enough. I don't know what it is though. Maybe it has to do with his voice.