my latest mix (for the fallen dreams)

hey man, im quite a fan of your work, think this is as usual sounding quite great

im no expert, but the mix seems a bit more muddy compared to say your oceano mix, sorry that i cant be more help though haha

was this done with your usual set up? pod, slate kick and snare etc?

hey man, im quite a fan of your work, think this is as usual sounding quite great

im no expert, but the mix seems a bit more muddy compared to say your oceano mix, sorry that i cant be more help though haha

was this done with your usual set up? pod, slate kick and snare etc?

new slate snare
z3 on the kick, this time

lots of different stuff going on in the mix, not really how i normally do stuff

a lot of my mixes dont have much bass, i opted to go for plenty of bass on this one, im hoping its not too muddy, it sounds real clear to me, right this second.

well i listened through my headphones, not my monitors, will give it another listen in a bit

oh yeh my mate also played me some new prada, sounded really slick man props on that production

well i listened through my headphones, not my monitors, will give it another listen in a bit

oh yeh my mate also played me some new prada, sounded really slick man props on that production

you're right, im comparing to oceano now on headphones and i can immediately hear what you're talking about.

kind of weird!!

edit: something is making the ftfd mix seem softer than the oceano mix, it could be the rms level, but im not sure... hmm

Sounds good to me.

I'd like this band much more if they didn't puss out at any point in this song.

However, if they didn't, then the name wouldn't fit ;)

Like the heavy stuff, the melodic junk sounds too cliche.

Production as usual is killer.

hey man, the updated link is sounding better, but still on the headphones is a little muddier, but im just a/b'ing with oceano stuff, cause i think thats one of your best productions i heard

hey man, the updated link is sounding better, but still on the headphones is a little muddier, but im just a/b'ing with oceano stuff, cause i think thats one of your best productions i heard

im willing to go out on a limb here and say oceano is lacking a little in the low mid area

but i'll have to wait until i can hear this in a car to decide for sure.

The newer version seems clearer. The mix sounds pretty good (listening on A7s ;) ). I think there's a bit too much in the 800-1200hz area, at least at some parts of the song. I'd prefer it if the guitars were just a bit quieter and the drums louder but it's a matter of preference. Not really a fan of -7.00 db average though ;/

Yes, I have to agree it's a bit muddy, but it's nothing alarming ... Although the second one sounds clearer, man this is sick work, it's rocking, guitars are dense as fuck. In fact, I may actually like this "mud" which is by no means a muddy mix, but you get what I mean, everything just sounds 100% crystal nowadays, and your Oceano record sounds like that, which is not bad, but I'm digging this mix, has a different feeling, fits the song perfectly, an oceano like mix with this one wouldn't work in my opinion. So, excellent job Joey.

I like the updated mix a lot more but my only gripe is the vocals sound muddy. Maybe you were going for this sound, but they just don't cut well for me.

The high screams seem fine its just the low screams that bug me personally.

The low screams don't sound muddy to me, I think you can hear his voice perfectly. IMO, the point could be taken that it's just his voice. He doesn't enunciate very well. I think you can hear the vocal "detail" too well to say it's muddy. IMO trying to do too much more to it would actually be a detriment at this point.

This mix sounds great to me.

They sound pretty cool music wise. My band is opening for them and Sworn Enemy later this month so I am looking forward to hearing these guys live. Mix sounds great.