new mix (new song)

wow man this bass on this is crazy, but in a good way, sounding great in the good old headphones, i think this one is clearer than the previous one you posted

as always props for the mix man

ahhhh make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good mix but holy hell i damn near threw up during the chorus....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! WTF man??? There should be a warning or something on false metal like thi.

Haha, jk. Nice work joey. Not sure about the vox though.

Fuck, this shit rules. I'm really liking the songwriting, too!

Those drums hit hard as hell, Joey! nice work! sounds like Slate kick 10?Snare is really cool, too - great snap and presence but still really meaty!

My only (small) gripe is that the growls lack a bit of top end on my setup - I'd like to hear a bit more clarity/presence in there.

much better joey, i would say though a bit more gain on the guitars to make em hit harder maybe but dude this sounds fucking amazing

Fuck, this shit rules. I'm really liking the songwriting, too!

Those drums hit hard as hell, Joey! nice work! sounds like Slate kick 10?Snare is really cool, too - great snap and presence but still really meaty!

My only (small) gripe is that the growls lack a bit of top end on my setup - I'd like to hear a bit more clarity/presence in there.

really? WEIRD

there's very minimal de-essing, lots of low cutting, and limiting after to compensate for the volume decrease

i low passed the vox at 13khz. that must be what people are hearing. you like frequencies over that, in the voice? to me it just sounds like the vocals were overdubbed to a karoke track or something when the low pass is off.

ahhhh make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good mix but holy hell i damn near threw up during the chorus....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! WTF man??? There should be a warning or something on false metal like thi.

Haha, jk. Nice work joey. Not sure about the vox though.

the vox rule

adtr is one of the more successful bands right now

and none of this is really metal O_O

real metal = arch enemy

sounds good. Very clean. I'm not a fan of the super tuned clean vox though, but in this case i think it works.

i dont get when people talk about super tuned clean vox

do you want it to be out of pitch with the music???

the rise and fall of the notes are left and the vibrato is just shrinked to be closer to the actual pitch...

at any rate, thanks

nah

direct in via hi-z/pre
then auto tune
then UAD preflex
then URS eq

Yeah dude its Slamming great job....It must just be the singer's voice but yeah i think it's missing a little top end there.....but it doesn't break it but no means

So then you are using autotune....to tune the bass after recording. If so can you give a few tips doing that in autotune. do you choose bass intsrument for input type? Reason i ask is I thought you said something about only using melodyne