New Music Rant

AgentX

Jun 14, 2009
Oxford, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm going to get flamed for this one but hey its my opinion right?

Been listening to 2 new albums this week as they have appeared on grooveshark (is this site even legal?), First of which is the new Arch Enemy album;

I love Arch Enemy and have listened to them for years but o my does this new album blow! As soon as I started listening to it I just got mad, it annoys me, can't explain why. Relentless double kick going on in the background, its pretty much 1/16th notes on repeat for the whole album. its fatiguing. The guitar work is an endless stream of overused arch enemy style fretwankery and the vocals. . . well they would work in a scifi film, she sounds like an alien! Finally, there current image is ridiculous, what's with this whole anarchy thing? If I was 14 this might have some attraction, rebellious youth and all that but now? its just stupid, I wish they would get over it and sing about something else and stop trying to look like a hitler youth member.

Next album is the new Devin Townsend Deconstruction which is also currently on grooveshark.

I love DT but this album is weird, just non stop chug chug and ramblings about cheese burgers. Addicted was so much more progressive and interesting, its a truly unique album. The one redeeming part of the album for me was the guest vocals by cynic, they where pretty incredible.

I'm really holding out for the new In Flames album, lets pray its a work of genius.

/rant over

Oh no, you not liking two new albums mean that new music is shit all around! Woe is you, if only the world had actually ended on Saturday!

But seriously, the new DT is one of the best, most interesting albums I've heard in years.

Oh no, you not liking two new albums mean that new music is shit all around! Woe is you, if only the world had actually ended on Saturday!

But seriously, the new DT is one of the best, most interesting albums I've heard in years.

DT = Devin Townsend ? Aren't they supposed to be out June 20th ?

Ha this is a bit Victor Meldrew I agree, but I really don't get the new DT album!

Maybe my ears are just not capable of interpreting such genius, what the heck am I missing here!

Perhaps i need a pair of these?
Hearing-Aid-F-136-.jpg