New NEVERMORE album!

imho moonrise would have been waaay better than emptiness unobstructed, i just can't get into it with, borderline cheesy vibe and whatnot.

btw, did anyone else notice the little guitar lead at the beginning of moonrise sounds VERY close to the opening track of jeffs solo album?

so far it's a 8,8/10 regarding production and a 7/10 regarding songs....neither my favorite sneap mix nor my favorite nevermore album, but both sneap and nevermore still kick ridiculous amounts of ass even if they're not unleashing their best works.
in comparison, tge was a solid 10/10 songwise as far as i am concerned. i just love that album from start to finish, absolutely every second, all killers no fillers.

Prefer warrels lyrics and vox to pretty much all other singers out there. That theocracy dude hasn't stopped singing once. He's the yngwie of words! Good singer, but over uses himself for the comp imo! This album does have a more deliberate vocal/hook based structure, so picking the right lines and simplifying it makes it way more effective, imo.

Prefer warrels lyrics and vox to pretty much all other singers out there. That theocracy dude hasn't stopped singing once. He's the yngwie of words! Good singer, but over uses himself for the comp imo! This album does have a more deliberate vocal/hook based structure, so picking the right lines and simplifying it makes it way more effective, imo.

Really? Opinions on the singing aside, some of the lyrics are just terrible. "Smash yourself and kill your friends"... seriously? It reads like bad high school goth poetry.

I've always disliked that whole goth vibe Warrel gives off... I know he's into it and all, but I'm definitely not...

I just cracked open the ltd edition to hear the instrumental tracks.. And either my ear are fucked OR... There's a fair few parts where warryls vocals are literally pitch shifted down! Had a few mates listen and yeah.. Just interesting is all :)

i don't get it anyways.
i have the box set with the cd, plus 2 bonus tracks, and the second cd with the guitar shred stuff.
however, i just can't find the instrumental / guitar only tracks. do i have the right box set??? where are they supposed to be?

Really, the high harmony right after that is what sounds odd to me.

I asked Warrel directly if there was Auto Tune on it and he swears he didn't use it. Its just the way he sang it, very nasally.

You actually met him and asked him? If hes saying he didn't use any auto-tuning then there probably isn't any being used, he seems like a cool dude!

I don't disagree, i think they are great except this part on Obsidian Conspiracy song:

"Create and deny" This word is weird, in tuning terms. Am I the only one that noticed something wrong there?

No you're not.
I also noticed a similar off-key thing in the chorus of the song "create the infinite" from enemies of reality.

You actually met him and asked him? If hes saying he didn't use any auto-tuning then there probably isn't any being used, he seems like a cool dude!

Well yes I have met him, but no i didnt ask him in person :)

I am a long time poster on the bands forum and The Dane pops in from time to time to answer questions :)

Honestly I am more of a WD fan then Nevermore. Been following him since the late 80s with Sanctuary. Hes one of my top 5 vocalists of all time :)

1. Halford
2. Randy Blythe
3. Warrel Dane
4. Chuck Billy
5. Russell Allen

"Stare into the sky.. with newborn perfect eyes"

Best.. part.. of the album for me.

Vocals sound great to me, some timing issues here and there but hell, great album.

lol, i just found the no vocals/solo guitar backing tracks ^^ they didn't show up in the explorer, and i couldn't play them by just playing the cd in a media player. once i tried audiograbber they showed up and i was able to grab them though...weird.

anyways, i'm amazed how compressed the snare is, and how little low end he put in there, yet it sounds great in the full mix. that was really really interesting...
also, the guitars are amazingly thin when soloed, yet very fat in the full mix despite the bass being pretty low. just goes to show you how good the top guys i.e. andy really is....
also, very little compression on the drums aside from the snare. he doesn't seem to use drum bus compression, or at least just very slightly.
very different from the smashed-to-pieces sound guys like staub are doing.
this isn't the final album mix, isn't it?

I just got this album a few days ago... Its so fucking good, I can't stop listening :D Though the solo in the intro of Moonrise is exactly the same as one from the Loomis solo album haha. Everything sounds great on it, I was expecting the vocals to suck ass from what some people have been saying, but they still kick ass!