New Opeth Album

Puzzlebox

Jan 20, 2006
This is sort of in response to the "Opeth has run it's course" post. I totally disagree with.

Anyway if you could dream up the perfect Opeth album what would it sound like and what would it contain, tracklisting etc.

Here's mine:

1. My Time Alone 12:17
2. Dream Of Winter 36.26
3. Culmination of Loss 18:14
4. Dread Of Things Unspoken 12:17

Each song would explore the heavy side, comingled with the mellow side, leaving plenty of time for the progressive side. It would be the heaviest/mellowest Opeth album.

Anyone have any ideas? You all all just want to flame me?

Puzzlebox said:
This is sort of in response to the "Opeth has run it's course" post. I totally disagree with.

Anyway if you could dream up the perfect Opeth album what would it sound like and what would it contain, tracklisting etc.

Here's mine:

1. My Time Alone 12:17
2. Dream Of Winter 36.26
3. Culmination of Loss 18:14
4. Dread Of Things Unspoken 12:17

Each song would explore the heavy side, comingled with the mellow side, leaving plenty of time for the progressive side. It would be the heaviest/mellowest Opeth album.

Anyone have any ideas? You all all just want to flame me?

what the fuck are you talking about? how about you let someone sane, like Mikael Akerfeldt come up with the ideas and tracks for the next album.

Yea. I'm pretty lost as to what this post is about? You've actaully worked out a loose structure for these songs have you? You've included running times and everything so you must have some idea of what you'd like the beginning middle and end of these songs to be like? And you know what you want them to generally sound like? Why not make these songs yourself?

And 36:26?....Rediculous mate.

We can't dream up Opeth albums 'cause them the wouldn't be Opeth albums, besides which we have literally no idea what's going on in Mike or anyone elses head (argueably for the better, I imagine 10 seconds inside Mike's head would scare me shitless). We did this a while back with the idea of an Opeh compilation album but that was more just asking what are your favourite tracks.

This thread is just...strange.

Its cool to speculate and guess what the next album will be like..but ....making up song names and lengths is goign overboard mate.

try again.

No Idea what the beginning, middle, or end of each song would be.

And what's wrong...can't pay attention to a song for 36 minutes. Don't like any Pink Floyd songs that are that long.

Anyone creative. I don't mean to get into specifics. It'd definately be an Opeth album. But with titles and times, you can generate mood and atmoshere that you're trying to create.

No body gets it, huh....oh well...guess i will go eat worms...

I think the first guy is a bit crazy, but what the hell - I'll play along...

Opening: 1:06
Sarcasm of the Infidels: 11:19
Cold Season of Withering Death: 14:52
Ah-Choo(in E-minor): 0:06
Face of Melinda II - Back into the Forest: 18:29
Steve Wilson is the Creator*: 7:06
Progalicious: 4:53
Martyr's Decay: 8:31
Fin: 1:09

*Conceived, Written, Produced, Arranged, Mixed, Sung and Ejaculated by Steve Wilson

Bonus Tracks

Serenity Painted Def - Roadrunner Re-mix featuring Slipknot
Nothing Else Matters
Deliverance - Radio Edit featuring Burt Reynolds

wwallinga said:
I think the first guy is a bit crazy, but what the hell - I'll play along...

Opening: 1:06
Sarcasm of the Infidels: 11:19
Cold Season of Withering Death: 14:52
Ah-Choo(in E-minor): 0:06
Face of Melinda II - Back into the Forest: 18:29
Steve Wilson is the Creator*: 7:06
Progalicious: 4:53
Martyr's Decay: 8:31
Fin: 1:09

*Conceived, Written, Produced, Arranged, Mixed, Sung and Ejaculated by Steve Wilson

Bonus Tracks

Serenity Painted Def - Roadrunner Re-mix featuring Slipknot
Nothing Else Matters
Deliverance - Radio Edit featuring Burt Reynolds

what the fuck ? Sarcasm of the Infidels: 11:19 ?

Puzzlebox said:

:lol:

This must've taken a lot of thought, huh?

ps. the word is RIDICULOUS. Not Rediculous. Like ridicule, eh?. Egad, learn to spell people!