New Opeth Album

It's obvious that Opeth will never (unless Lopez recruits) field the same rythmics that there used to be... unless Mikael will write them. But it would be refreshing to hear some blasting and other things similar to death metal.

Anyone here knows Beatallica? In case you don't: they take Beatles songs and play them in the style of Metallica. The lyrics follow the original Beatles lyrics but they are heavily altered to contain lots of fragments of and allusions to 'tallica.

Now how about "dreaming up" a band that does something like this with Opeth? Mix Opeth with a '70s prog band? While Camel would certainly be first choice for this I can't make any examples here cause I don't know any Camel :(. So, I'll just take my fave '70s band which is Jethro Tull. I hope that at least some of you still know them. Here's some song titles, with original Tull titles in parentheses:

'Pethro Tull

The Locomotive Affinity (Locomotive Breath)
Cross-Eyed Melinda (Cross-Eyed Mary)
Song For Lopez (Song for Jeffrey. Jeffrey was a close friend and, for a while, also a band member of Jethro Tull)
Skating Away On The Thin Patterns In The Ivy (Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day)
Under The Wrapping Moon (Under Wraps)
Bungle In The Harvest (Bungle In The Jungle)
Songs From The Wreath (Songs From The Wood)
Living In The Bleak (Living In The Past)
Dirge For Luxury (Lap Of Luxury)
Too Old To Rock'n'Roll, Too Young To Bid You Farewell (Too Old To Rock'n'Roll, Too Young To Die)
Minstrel In The Silent Water (Minstrel In The Gallery)
A Passion Corner (A Passion Play)
Thick As A Robe (Thick As A Brick)
... And The Demon Of The Fall Never Sleeps (... And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps)

Gods, I could go on like this for ... well, quite a while. Hope someone finds at least something funny in this.

lol the last 3 albums have each been worse than the one before it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You-Are-Smoking_Crack.jpg

Personally I liked the aggression and dark sound on Deliverance more than on any other Opeth album. It's been my favorite ever since I remember. I don't see why people dislike it so much. I don't really get the "disjointed" sections everyone talks about, but I like things being unpredictable, which that album definitely was.

All about matter of taste... quit the shit talk guys plz. :(

This was probably the most interesting post in the whole thread. I'm not gonna try it, but good attempt...

Thank you :). You saved my day ;).

I first only read that tasteful reply I got from wwalinga ... exactly what I needed to start the day :rolleyes: ... Well, I knew I wouldn't reach lmfao-Level, maybe not even a lol ... but to get that reaction :cry: ...

Maybe somebody could come up with some mixed lyrics ... be it Jethro Tull mixed with Opeth or something else ...

Personally I liked the aggression and dark sound on Deliverance more than on any other Opeth album. It's been my favorite ever since I remember. I don't see why people dislike it so much. I don't really get the "disjointed" sections everyone talks about, but I like things being unpredictable, which that album definitely was.

All about matter of taste... quit the shit talk guys plz. :(

couldn't agree more ... (except perhaps for the last song BTPISIO, which does seem a bit too incoherent at times, but still rocks).
I really hope the next album will have this darker sound/feeling too it again, because that was something I missed on GR. I still like GR though, and this is not meant to say what Opeth SHOULD do, just that it is something I liked about Deliverance especially, and wouldn't mind hearing again.
whatever the next album will be like, it will certainly be a surprise once again and I'm pretty sure that it will be great once again too (although we never know of course).