New Pagans Mind !!

Ooohhh... the apparent lack of creativity on the past two album covers (which are awesome but very similar) is explained now! lol

Pagan's Mind is absolutely amazing. I honestly don't know which of their 3 is my favorite; I listen to all of them equally as much, and maybe even too much. When EC was finally released in the US that was the one of (if not the) only cd I listened to for a good month. Their music is so furious, yet so uplifting; I jokingly refer to them as the "savior of mankind" with their vision and musicianship, but they always seem to put me in a state of bliss upon listening. I hope to one day finally be able to see them live, maybe a Progpower return? haha, cheers!

General Zod said:
I have to wonder about these CDs that are "concept albums", when it's not clear that it's even a concept album, much less what the concept is (ala Angra's "Temple of Shadows").

Zod

I gotta agree on that. Me too just noticed with the third CD that all CD´s are following a concept story.

You know english is not my mother language - so most time i hear to the words like an Instrument.

I don´t have the first Pagan´s Mind CD, but i heard that the style of the debut is quite different to the other two albums. Also the lineup of the band is different.

I think it´s a bit weird that the band didn´t give the whole story a Name like "Star Wars" and then each disk "Episode 1" "Episode 2" etc....

Maybe it´s a marketing thing.. i don´t know..

I think it´s pretty cool that you are going to give the new album a second chance. Play it loud and listen carefully! This album is so amazing!

You know i got a shitload of CD´s but from the bottom of my heart -
This album will definitly be one of my alltime faves.

oceanmachine said:
You know english is not my mother language - so most time i hear to the words like an Instrument.
Matters not. I've been speaking English since I learned to talk and if there's a coherent story, it's news to me. Granted, I've never sat down with the lyrics, but I've listened to CE dozens and dozens of times at the gym, with headphones on, and I do pay attention to lyrics.

Zod

AngraRULES said:
Ooohhh... the apparent lack of creativity on the past two album covers (which are awesome but very similar) is explained now! lol

There singer is a graphic designer and does their art work. I would love a PM shirt with the artwork. It is so awesome.

Robin

DrumRman said:
Oh and IMO CE is the superior album. I believe because it was the first CD ever since DT's Images and Words, that became the big dominant CD for me. As of today no other CD on this planet, surpasses this sucker......and boy have I heard a ton of em.

Of course I realize its just an opinion. :)

I think EC and CE are pretty equal as far as how I rate them. It is leaps and bounds my CD of the year and considering I wont get a Vanden Plas release this year, chances are it will stay that way.

Bryant

All I know is that I can't get Enigmatic Calling out of my car CD player.....

I am surprised how much I LOVE the acoustic tune too.....

I see both albums as being similar and for me that is not a problem - but EC seems to have a more up front melodic tone to it while Celestial Entrance seemed to have an overall harder edge. Plus the guitars don't sound as 'thick' on EC compared to CE. (Didn't one of their guitarists leave after PP last year??)

All I know is I got to thank Drummerman in person for turning me on to one of my current fav bands. :headbang: :Smokin:

(Now we just need Glenn to get them for next year!:devil: )

I love all three of the releases. I might be the only person to actually like the re-release of 'Infinity Divine' the most. Not by much, but I find myself listening to that more than the others.

I must say, I picked this one up @ Prog Power this year, and it is now "stuck" in the #5 slot of my Truck's CD player...LOVE it..

That and The 1st Chapter...that one is "stuck", too!!!:headbang:

These guys blew me away at Progpower 2 years ago. When a band that sounds so great on a recording can sound as good live , that is a rarity. I have been so bummed out by Symphony X's live performances and sound (they are my favorite band). PM's new album is absolutely fantastic. It is the best I have heard this year by far. I really don't get people that say that Celestial Entrance was great but don't like this one. Of course it sounds similar..that is this band's sound. Many of you who say these sort of comments need to be a musician and learn just how hard it is to write with this level of excellence. I personally don't think most bands try to reinvent the wheel every time they go in the studio , and when they do , things usually don't come out that well. Bands flow in and out of their style. Rush , one of my all time favorites have flowed and changed but I have been very let down many times through the years. But , I hang in there with them because that's what fans of true genius do. Pagan's Mind has delivered 2 in a row that are knockouts..that is almost unheard of. I don't quite know how , but PM actually gives me an uplifted feeling when listening to them. There are very few PROG/POWER style bands that do it for me.