New Producer

suislidE = teh ghey stop being so anal. this is why i hardly ever visit this boring forum.

anyway.

i think it would be great for the band if Devy produced, moving away from Wilson should happen soon even though I enjoy his work with the band. Imagine Devy doing some backing vocals on an Opeth record like Wilson does. Maybe even a harmony growl/scream with Mikael. \m/

unbelievable...

i can't wait for the new album to come out...
it's seems like you can't make a thread without someone bitching you or stuff like that..
no offences, but i think it's gonna be like that for a while.

As great as a musician Devin Townsend is, I be one to question of how well a producer he is. Many of the albums he has produced and mixed have not turned out sounding very good. (Espcially his solo albums, with the exception of Accelerated Evolution)

Devin is one of the most talented musicians IMO, i mean he hasn't put out anything that you can honestly say sucks, from City to Inifinty to Terria to Accelerated Evolution, the guy has displayed he is a musical genius on many accounts. I think that his genius coupled with the brilliance of Opeth would be amazing, plus if he did any backing vocals that would be awsome too.

Why do you think it would suck Suislide?

I wouldn't like it. At least not if he would go the Natural Born Chaos path in producing. I want the songs to sound like they actually do, not like this wall of industrial like noise. Because after seeing shitcrappy Soilwork live, I know that the songs from NBC friggin suck. I want a production that focuses on what the songs actually sound like.

It would be good because it would be something different. Wilson is a talented musician and a solid producer. But I have yet to hear anything as talented or creative from him compared to what Devy has put out, namely "Terria".
Opeth can go whatever way they like, but Mikael removing his head from Steven's ass for once would be nice. Either way I doubt I'll give the next album much of a listen.

I'm not sure if it's official about Per, but I'd like to see them add another member (keyboardist), especially one who can write music. I'd also like to see Peter and Mike write more music together, I think that would be awesome.

As far as a new producer, why not get Opeth to produce it themselves and not get a producer? I like Steve Wilson and all, but Porcupine Tree is Porcupine Tree and Opeth's Opeth.... I'd rather see Steve and Mike write songs together instead of write under each others names...

*shudders at thought*

Devin Townsend makes some great music, and makes some big sounding productions.. but i would hate those productions done on Opeth's music. All the Devin Townsend work that i've heard grows tiring on my ears because it's too compressed and loud.. and simply not natural, i've actually never been able to imagine a real band playing the stuff on Terria for example (mainly the drums). His production style has it's uses, but i dont think Opeth is one of them.. i prefer a bit more natural, and a bit more dynamic.

I didnt like the production of Deliverance either though.. bring back BWP and SL production i say :)

I happen to like Steve Wilson as their producer and I'm glad he's going to be involved in the next album. Am I the only one here??