New Saxon Song Sounds Like..............

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
Whilst Mrs Wilks was getting ready for work on Saturday she had to put up with me listening to Biff.Anyway when the new single was played she said it sounded like.....................................................................................a heavy.......................................BON JOVI.
Oh how i laughed.I nearly spilt my Stella.
Now Mrs Wilks knows music and is just as happy listen to Nick Cave as she is Jimmy Ruffin.So i listened to the single again and after a couple of listens i could see her point.Just listen to the chorus.
So i did a bit of a survey and anyone who came to Wilks mannor was made to listen to said song.A shocking 7/10 said it sound like some late 80's soft rock band.
Have another listen and be honest.

I see where Mrs W is coming from.

But from a scientific standpoint, did 10 people genuinely visit and answer the survey?? Or did 20 people visit and 10 decline to do the survey. What was the demograph of the people involved in the survey. Age range? Male or Female? etc.

Come on Wilks if you going to do it, do it properly ! :lol:

Funnily enough Wilks, the very first time I heard it was when it got played onPlanetrock and I immediately thought that it sounded like Bon Jobi - I just haven't said anything before COS I HATE THAT BAND lol. But definitely on first listen it reminded me a wee bit of them.

I see where Mrs W is coming from.

But from a scientific standpoint, did 10 people genuinely visit and answer the survey?? Or did 20 people visit and 10 decline to do the survey. What was the demograph of the people involved in the survey. Age range? Male or Female? etc.

Come on Wilks if you going to do it, do it properly ! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Right then since last Saturday i about 20 people have been round but most of them kids(wild eh?).All were working class.Most were music nerds.The age range was 28-35 and 8 were blokes.:lol: :lol:

Hey Goose! Saxon singing Bon Jovi? It's still going to be middle of the road dog shit.Oh hang on Saxon did sing Bon Jovi.............On the album whose name we do not mention.

:lol: :lol:
Right then since last Saturday i about 20 people have been round but most of them kids(wild eh?).All were working class.Most were music nerds.The age range was 28-35 and 8 were blokes.:lol: :lol:

Hey Goose! Saxon singing Bon Jovi? It's still going to be middle of the road dog shit.Oh hang on Saxon did sing Bon Jovi.............On the album whose name we do not mention.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Innocence Is no Excuse!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Innocence Is no Excuse!:lol:

hehe...

I guess im lucky wilks, im not hearing the bon jovi vibe in the song,but that might come from avoiding that band like the plague they are!!! Does it sound like any particular song by them or anything ???

I only know the first bon jovi album and the singles.It's the chorus.I would say more recent bon jovi.It's the most radio friendly thing they have done for a long time.But to me it is not a patch on anything on Lionheart.

I think i know what you mean, the chorus is kind of bouncy yeah. Although it is radio friendly i have to wonder how much radio play the song has had on normal (non rock and metal) stations ?

Did anyone get the actual cd single? It seems to be as rare as rocking horse shit.I ordered it from 101cd.com the week of release after which it said proccessing order, for about 2 weeks. Now it has said on order from supplier?I'm sure it did'nt sell that many otherwise it would have been in the charts.Or the other reason is they only made a few.:erk:

Did anyone get the actual cd single? It seems to be as rare as rocking horse shit.I ordered it from 101cd.com the week of release after which it said proccessing order, for about 2 weeks. Now it has said on order from supplier?I'm sure it did'nt sell that many otherwise it would have been in the charts.Or the other reason is they only made a few.:erk:

I've got a mate who works for one of the large ahem high street music stores, I asked him to speak to their metal buyer, (as he's based at the same location) see if he had a promo copy or anything. The answer was zip, zilch nowt??? Weird, I can't see it being download only with the new artwork, logo etc. Maybe it gonna be re-released with the documentary?? :err:

Weird, I can't see it being download only with the new artwork, logo etc.

Thats the way things are going though mate. I had a little look around for it, hmv, music zone, asda etc. Didnt find it, didnt expect to really though. Could be a physical release or re-release around the time of the documentary as you said.

Thats the way things are going though mate

I know but it is sad :cry:

I had a little look around for it, hmv, music zone, asda etc. Didnt find it, didnt expect to really though. Could be a physical release or re-release around the time of the documentary as you said.

Did the same mate even got HMV and Virgin in London to have a dig through their computers to no avail.