New Slate Stuff?

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
Slate posted this on his Twitter feed earlier on. Any ideas what's coming?

We have three new products debuting at NAMM this year. All three are gonna blow your f'in mind. Quote me on that.

hopefully the long awaited EQ. Tape sim surely. maybe a new hardware piece too? master comp? 500 series preamp? i could guess all day :D

A plug-in channel strip would be pretty awesome. I'm hoping for something like that. Based on some analog desk no doubt.

whatever it is always excited to hear about some new slate stuff (really enjoying VCC right now. getting ssd4 soon)

if its a tape sim i will jizz my pants......its the last piece of the puzzle for me. been using various freeware tapesims but none are that realistic...and i haven't got the dosh to spank on a UAD card to get the studer tape emu.

if its a tape sim i will jizz my pants......its the last piece of the puzzle for me. been using various freeware tapesims but none are that realistic...and i haven't got the dosh to spank on a UAD card to get the studer tape emu.

They are definitely debuting a tape sim. It's called the Slate Virtual Tape Machine and it's in the January issue of Mix.

Well you can't buy Slate Trigger from Slate Digital or SSD at the moment. So it has to be something Trigger related..

Well you can't buy Slate Trigger from Slate Digital or SSD at the moment. So it has to be something Trigger related..

Well, obviously they're going to release an updated trigger with the new deluxe samples.

I'm not really too interested in anything that isn't drum-related though. Didn't like FG-X, no interest in VCC, and don't think I'd care too much about a tape sim either.