New Slate Stuff?

U might not give a shit, but I agree with Phil. I'm sure it did, but did VCC feature in that Thy Art mix at all?

There's a one page ad in a recent SoS that says Slate will debut FOUR products at NAMM (of course, this ad is from before his tweets about 3 products). It then has a sub-headline saying new slate plugins (yes, plural), but only semi-describes one and says it's the "second plugin" in their virtual analog series or whatever it's called. Then it mentions SSD4, and a hardware piece. So it mentions three products, but says four will debut, and Slate's twitter says 3 new products.

There's a one page ad in a recent SoS that says Slate will debut FOUR products at NAMM (of course, this ad is from before his tweets about 3 products). It then has a sub-headline saying new slate plugins (yes, plural), but only semi-describes one and says it's the "second plugin" in their virtual analog series or whatever it's called. Then it mentions SSD4, and a hardware piece. So it mentions three products, but says four will debut, and Slate's twitter says 3 new products.

I tried reading that post 3 times and it still made my head spin...

The ad mentioned 4 things:

One is SSD4 (already released so therefore not mentioned in Slate's tweet)
One is the second plugin in the "virtual analogue series" (the new tape simulator)
One is a hardware piece
One is a another new plugin (Trigger 2 or FGX 2?)

Well, that's one confirmed.

I'm just wondering, since Trigger 2 has been mentioned, what can they do to make it so much better than Trigger? It triggers drum samples just now, what else can it do that would make me want to upgrade?

The ad mentioned 4 things:

One is SSD4 (already released so therefore not mentioned in Slate's tweet)
One is the second plugin in the "virtual analogue series" (the new tape simulator)
One is a hardware piece
One is a another new plugin (Trigger 2 or FGX 2?)

Well, the ad mentions 3 things specifically (SSD4, new plug, new hardware piece), but says "four products" will debut.

What caught my eye was that it says "New Slate plugins at NAMM," but then only identifies one. Possibly a typo, possibly not. I'm sure others would disagree, but I'd rather see a new plug-in than a Trigger 2 or FG-X 2.

Well, that's one confirmed.

I'm just wondering, since Trigger 2 has been mentioned, what can they do to make it so much better than Trigger? It triggers drum samples just now, what else can it do that would make me want to upgrade?

New SSD4 kits? Makes perfect sense from marketing point of view to call it 2.0. And Trigger 1 is gone from Slate Digital online shop, btw.

Surely it'd just be a downloadable update? It's not really an update to what Trigger does.

I have noticed that it's gone from the online store.

4 new products.

SSD4 will be shown along with some new teasers of some upcoming expansion packs

Slate Digital will show off the new VIRTUAL TAPE MACHINE

Slate Pro Audio will debut two new products that aim to seriously impact the pro industry.

Also we have guest pro interviews with Ross Hogarth (Van Halen), Jay Baumgardner (Papa Roach), Mark Linnett (Beach Boys), and Howie Weinberg (Everything)

Cheers,
Steven